Greetings from Georgia

Georgia72Sprint

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from just down the road in Acworth!

And a further down the road in Kennesaw!

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

Dang nice to see so many of you on here and many from my neck of the woods. It has 351C H code Auto. Getting started on some floor pans and trunk work at the moment as it has some rust.

72 Sprint Fastback 2V 351 Cleveland with 4v intake. Centerline Forged Wheels C4 auto with B&M shift kit Grant GT wheel Electronic ignition and electronic fuel pump . Clear HEI Distributor . Dual flowmasters and 4:11 gear

Thanks guys! Yes I am going back with original Sprint colors. It needs a lot of work but will be worth it. It is in the shop getting ready for some sheet metal work. I am sure it will be there a while! It doesn't look at all like a Sprint at the moment-it has been primed with black primer! I am in North GA near Rome about 70 miles south of Chattanooga.

Welcome. What's in it? What package? I have a Sprint Fastback with 351C FMX Auto, AC, with B Package option.

Welcome from Nashville, Tenn. I also have a Sprint package B that i am restoring.

adpic.jpg

Hello all. I am new to the site from Georgia. I just picked up my fourth mustang. This one is a 72 Sprint Fastback and I am ready to start restoring it. I owned a 71 Grande back in high school and wish I had kept it. I will post pics once we start on it.

Very nice! Has potential. When I rebuilt my Cleveland, had the 2/4 Barrel Cleveland Heads. See my profile(cpy cat). It is "almost" completed to my liking. If I were to acquire another mustang, I would stay with 72 convertible but get the Sprint model, "loaded" w/A/C, 6 cylinder upgraded w/EFI & intercooled by-turbo, & of course - "electric windows"(one option if you don't have from factory, found cannot add onto original doors and frame(by my guys inthe electrical shop) don't know if possible w/prefab door and frame if can negotiate wiring plate in dash. W/Hurst 4=spd(wide or close ratio or in fact going all the way(with limited slip 2.75 axle) onto a tremac manual six, "could not be better"!
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin.

PS Know how the Dodge HO's is fun to drive, fast, & economical as I had one of the 1st Dodge Daytona Shelby Z "Fully Loaded" as it came out at Daytona Beach Dodge Dealership accross from the speedway in "87"(frt wheel drive w/gatorback radials, 5 on the floor, power seat(moveable as well pump up, 4 wheel disc, indep suspension that all in all 0-60 in 7.9 seconds best it did for me w/out getting caught by the smokies while on the move on I-95 not far from Daytona wa 132 mph, from an intercooled four cylinder, as well lockable glass T-tops specially installed from Car Care.

Was both inputs recieved?

Apparently initial reply, seems like did not go through. Thanks for the "welcome aboard". In a shorter version, my story is recorded in the AACA coffee book published 2011(if you are a mbr of AACA) If not, always liked 71-73 mustangs as time of myn highscgool alumni but never rode in one, a canary yellow Mach 1 while stationed in Air Force, Duluth IAP(Air Base),duluth, MN "76-78". My father fronted me for a new vette in 76 as got a dealer cost price from Wiesbaden Air Base BX (prior assignment).

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

• 1 month later...

Sheet metal has been ordered! We are about to replace pans and trunk.

72 Sprint Fastback 2V 351 Cleveland with 4v intake. Centerline Forged Wheels C4 auto with B&M shift kit Grant GT wheel Electronic ignition and electronic fuel pump . Clear HEI Distributor . Dual flowmasters and 4:11 gear

• 1 month later...

I will find out. Not sure