Parts Help Needed For 73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1
Hello world! I am brand new to this site and just bought a 73 Mach 1 Q Code in the VIN. Car does not have matching numbers engine but does have a 351c in it with auto transmission.

I need help locating 2 hood springs and a throttle kick down cable. I have been to a few sites that sell parts but have been unsuccessful finding these in particular. Would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Also, where do I look to find out engine serial number so I can figure out just what is under the hood?

Thanks in advance.

Scotty

::welcome:: from East Tn. Don @ Ohio mustang can help with most if not all parts new and used. Post some pics up

Just give him a call

Ohio Mustang Supply - Welcome!

Welcome

Welcome to Ohio Mustang Supply, your source for classic Mustang parts and accessories.

Free Shipping!

UPS Ground Shipping on most orders over $500.00 is free. Some exclusions apply, see Shipping Info for details.

Ordering

• Order online 24-hours-a-day

• Toll-Free 888-685-9680, M-F 9-5

• Mail or Fax your order using the Printable Order Form

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ohiomustang.com/

The kickdown is a rod, shaped like an "S", not a cable. As for the serial number, the partial VIN is stamped in the back of the left cylinder bank, just below the head gasket. It's not stamped very well and is rather difficult to see. Additionally, it will only give the year, assembly plant and last 6 of the VIN, i.e. 3F111111, so it will be difficult to determine exactly what it is from that. The casting number is above the starter on the block, and will help a little.

Steve

::welcome:: from East Tn. Don @ Ohio mustang can help with most if not all parts new and used. Post some pics up

Just give him a call

Ohio Mustang Supply - Welcome!

Welcome

Welcome to Ohio Mustang Supply, your source for classic Mustang parts and accessories.

Free Shipping!

UPS Ground Shipping on most orders over $500.00 is free. Some exclusions apply, see Shipping Info for details.

Ordering

• Order online 24-hours-a-day

• Toll-Free 888-685-9680, M-F 9-5

• Mail or Fax your order using the Printable Order Form

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ohiomustang.com/
Thanks a bunch. Have been speaking with Don and he is working on my needs. Cheers.

The kickdown is a rod, shaped like an "S", not a cable. As for the serial number, the partial VIN is stamped in the back of the left cylinder bank, just below the head gasket. It's not stamped very well and is rather difficult to see. Additionally, it will only give the year, assembly plant and last 6 of the VIN, i.e. 3F111111, so it will be difficult to determine exactly what it is from that. The casting number is above the starter on the block, and will help a little.

Steve
Appreciate the info. Got my shop mechanic on the VIN number treasure hunt now. And it helps knowing I am looking for a rod not a cable. Might answer why I haven't found it yet. Thanks man.

Welcome from Wa state...Got some more pics of your ride?
Hello from Toronto, Canada. None that are scanned yet. Appraiser took some great shots. Have to see if he will send file so I can upload. Got a few parts ordered so I can get this baby out for a spin before it's time to pack it away for the winter. Will add more pics when I get them. Colour on mine is Ginger and will probably keep it that way. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Chesapeake Va and good luck with the mach!

Welcome from Chesapeake Va and good luck with the mach!
Well, thank you from Toronto, Canada. Have to say how good it feels to be welcomed. Cheers.

Hi Scotty and ::welcome:: to the forum from just down the QEW, you've come to the best place on the net for information about our cars plus the guys are always willing to lend a hand.
Hello neighbour. Thanks for the welcome. So far I am thrilled with this site and the family feel. Hope to see you cruising out there once I get my baby rolling. Have a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back