Power steering pump spacer???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
We took off the factory air on my 72, 302-2V, automatic so that we can get to the rest of the engine better while we rebuild the 302. Since the factory air brackets are now removed, there is a huge space where one of the bolts from the power steering pump bolts into the front of the engine. We rigged it up with washers right now to close the space, looks like crud!!! Ford must have made a spacer or something for cars without factory air. Please help!

I think this is it, can not guarantee but reasonably certain. Might check NPD site for availability. Chuck

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

I think amk products sells that hardware spacer with the power steering bolt kit.

I know I have seen it in an amk kit before. Maybe it came in the engine kit box

We took off the factory air on my 72, 302-2V, automatic so that we can get to the rest of the engine better while we rebuild the 302. Since the factory air brackets are now removed, there is a huge space where one of the bolts from the power steering pump bolts into the front of the engine. We rigged it up with washers right now to close the space, looks like crud!!! Ford must have made a spacer or something for cars without factory air. Please help!
I did the exact same thing,(washers), let me know what you come up with, I will watch the threads...........

Back