Playboy Pink 73 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeystang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible, 351 Cleavland 2v, 2 bbl with C6 transmission
Check out this Playboy Pink 1973 Mustang convertible! This car was auctioned off at the January 2012 Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Arizonia. It sold for $37,000. This car has silver stripes and a big 351ci engine, automatic transmission, air conditioning, factory forged wheels (still on the car), power steering and power disc brakes. It was special ordered with this paint right from the factory!

1973_00095_021_zpsd75dfd93.jpg

1973_00095_011_zps58818c9f.jpg

That's pretty cool. I almost bought a '67 or '68 coupe that was Playboy pink. Is it true that those cars only went to Plamates of the Year?

These cars look good in every color. Even pink!
Here's another "special order paint" in purple that recently sold for $36,998 from a local auto museum. It's a 72. Marti reported listed it as 1 of 1 and Ford listed it as "color unknown".2767_main_f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another "special order paint" in purple that recently sold for $36,998 from a local auto museum. It's a 72. Marti reported listed it as 1 of 1 and Ford listed it as "color unknown".
Now thats a sweet looking vert, Barney Purple :D

I don't like the silver stripes, they should have gone w/ the usual black ones...would have had a lot better contrast

I don't like the silver stripes, they should have gone w/ the usual black ones...would have had a lot better contrast
Sometimes the usual is boring, if your gonna go with pink why go with the usual. Special is cool (in certain cases):)

well then they should made pure white or something cause the silver just doesn't work

Here's another "special order paint" in purple that recently sold for $36,998 from a local auto museum. It's a 72. Marti reported listed it as 1 of 1 and Ford listed it as "color unknown".
Thanks for confirming my point! They just look good!!!!

I had a buddy with a buick grand national. Fastest production car at the time. Turbo. Came in one color... black. It looked BAD! But my wife told him in no uncertain terms that the Mustang looks good in any color, even light blue. 'How would your car look in light blue??'. LOL (or pink, or purple).

Thanks for confirming my point! They just look good!!!!

I had a buddy with a buick grand national. Fastest production car at the time. Turbo. Came in one color... black. It looked BAD! But my wife told him in no uncertain terms that the Mustang looks good in any color, even light blue. 'How would your car look in light blue??'. LOL (or pink, or purple).
+1

Back