Front Spoiler mounting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1. I am the second owner.
I have not mounted a front spoiler before. I can't see to figure out how to line it up. It has tabs on the side and you can barely see them on the inside of the top of the spoiler in the picture that are throwing me off. If any one has pictures how it is supposed to line up it would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler install.jpg

Spoiler install 001.jpg

Spoiler install 002.jpg

Also, one of our members, Qcode351mach, is very good with this kind of stuff, here is his video, also check out all of the others of his. They have helped me tremendously!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a video of the installation of the front spoiler. I had my brother help as mine was to be installed on the car. Take your time!

Wrong installation of the spoiler..Unfortunately he didn't locate it in the proper position..Do it ON the car with small c-clamps like in my video..This way you can eye it up for position symmetry..

Last edited by a moderator:
Q is the man!!

I want to say thank you to Q. We mounted the spoiler today and it looks great. His video was a great help. I went out to the storage unit yesterday and mocked it up then went out today to install it with my wife. We made the final adjustsments and installed it. Pics below.

Front Spoiler Cropped.jpg

Front Spoiler Passenger Side.jpg

Front Spoiler Driver\'s Side.jpg

I want to say thank you to Q. We mounted the spoiler today and it looks great. His video was a great help. I went out to the storage unit yesterday and mocked it up then went out today to install it with my wife. We made the final adjustsments and installed it. Pics below.
Your Welcome ! Looks PERFECT ! :D

Thats the correct way.. Kinda sucks that a bunch of people are going to watch the mm video & mount it incorrectly

Your Welcome ! Looks PERFECT ! :D

Thats the correct way.. Kinda sucks that a bunch of people are going to watch the mm video & mount it incorrectly
And the people who watch the MM video will remove their front valance when it is not necessary.

What size self tapping bolts did you use to mount spoiler?

Thanks

Back