• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4v closed chamber heads

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i have not any set for sale but i was found many on craigslist so you can find easily through this craigslist search engine and also share your reviews. http://usa.searchfc.com

I have a matched set of D1AE-GA 4V closed chamber heads I will sell if you are still looking.

Found mine for free at a Christmas party that I didn't want to go to. Turned into the best Christmas party ever!:D
Great gift! Except he was looking for closed chamber, those are open chambers.

Found mine for free at a Christmas party that I didn't want to go to. Turned into the best Christmas party ever!:D
Great gift! Except he was looking for closed chamber, those are open chambers.
Their closed.
Ah, another 4dot myth shot down again.

There are many myths associated with factory 351C 4V heads. I'm also looking for a set of CC 4V heads. Maybe I should have gone to that darned Christmas party:mad:. Everything I've found locally have been absolute junk. Chuck

There are many myths associated with factory 351C 4V heads. I'm also looking for a set of CC 4V heads. Maybe I should have gone to that darned Christmas party:mad:. Everything I've found locally have been absolute junk. Chuck
I said to my wife on the way to the Christmas party, I hope to score a blower for my 5.0.:D No such luck.:-/

This thread reminded me that I will need a rebuildable set of 71 closed heads for our next project. I have not tried to find a set in 10 or so years and you guys scared me a little bit.

I searched QL and quickly found a set in Kansas that are fresh from the machine shop with a stock rebuild and hardend seats installed. He sent me pics and a scan of the machine shop invoice.

He got the heads with some other ford parts a few years ago and the machine shop charged him 175.00 labor and another 90.00 or so for parts just 4 days ago. He was happy to make a quick $100.00 without any drama. He said he could ask for more but did not want to deal with "craigslist idiots" and just wanted them to sell fast. I was the 2nd caller. $375.00 plus shipping but I am close enough to him to pick them up in person this weekend.

The only thing I may do is replace the stock Ford intake valves as they are the weakest link in a stock 4V head. This will not be a hard driven car so I bet I will decide not to mess with them

He also thinks he has a set of 4V exhaust manafolds, I offered to trade him a bare set of 4V open heads for the manifolds and he said he would try to find them by the weekend. He can sell the heads for what the manifolds are worth so he is not out anything and I have parts I can use. He was ok with that.

Summary: Maybe I got lucky, I did see several QL listings that looked OK in the 400.00 to 600.00 range. Same on Ebay. This is what I was paying many years ago for these so I am pleased.

No dot by the way........

Paul

Back