Luxstang visits Lake Forest, CA--news at 11

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't quite make it to 11--I'm tired, so here is the news update. We had a long day which started in the wee hours of the morning headed to Cars-N-Coffee in Irvine. Luxstang and his bride Carla drove my '72 while I took one of the other cars. They were very patient while my kids behaved like kids do. Afterwards we went to the Marconi Automotive Museum open house where Mike tried on a few Panteras for size and we saw Barry Meguiar speaking. It looked like Carla very much approved of a Pantera purchase--must be some Italian connection. After, we went for In-N-Out Burger, a California icon that they had not had before. We did get some time to check out Mike's skin collection--he was particularly proud of James' skin although it was a bit worn about the edges. Mike said it was worn when he got it and his story sounded very plausible. Despite that experience, the strangest thing we did was go shoe shopping for my kids, Carla, and Mike. Those who got shoes seemed happy--I got a bill, part of parenthood I guess. We had such a wonderful time with Mike and Carla, we may have to go visit them.

Mike and Carla--thanks for making us part of your California vacation!

More pics will follow when I log on with a real computer. UPDATE---ADDED SOME PICTURES

Lux2.jpeg

Lux3.jpeg

View attachment 10306

Last edited by a moderator:
See photo
It's official. The revenge has started...How Wolverine turned Lux.

After the success of the psychological warfare the evening before(to be revealed upon the proper lead in), Wolverine and wife turn their attention to turning Lux. and his wife against the 7173Mustang conspiratorial team.

As you may recall, the prior evening, Lux. and his bride drank only water. This did not allow the Dos XX soluble elixir to be used to turn them into a comatose guitar player and groupee.

However, in the morning, Lux. and wife indicated their desire for coffee and tea. At that point in time, Wolverine did something he never imagined he would do. He went into his Polish Catholic relic safe, and removed his last remaining toenail clipping...the toenail clipping from Pope John Paul II. Drawing on previous experience, he ground up the toenail and placed it into the coffee and tea of his guests. As Wolverine knew, the tea and coffee drinking guests would never detect the toenail. In fact, they thoroughly enjoyed their toenail brew. But, would it have the affect on the drinkers that Wolverine expected.

Several minutes later, the perfect opportunity arose. Lux. noticed a RAY BAN sunglass case in the living room. Lex. called back to his wife, "Honey, are these Ray Ban's yours?" As the Ray Ban's were mime and clearly male in nature...the question was a complete fabrication...it seems the brew's affect may have started at working.

Without hesitation she answered, "No dear. I did not want to remove my Ray Ban's from the car, remember?" At this point, I thought my plan did not work. However just as I had given up hope, she continued. "But, why don't you take a look at them and if you like them, take them."

These words were Italian music to my ears. We Had Success! The saintly Polish toe nail had done its work. Lux and his wife were now...POLISH!!! And more importantly Catholic!

And these Polish Catholics were going to be welcomed with open arms and cars to the men and women of the 7173Mustang forum...to wreak their Polish Catholic revenge. You just can't make this stuff up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, while Wolverine is being his usual self, I must say that I am a little surprised by 69Rustang. Still waters run deep and I think that is the case here.

That pic is awesome. :)

Funny thing is I saw that tape in his house and I thought it was kinda cool. Didn't know at the time what it was meant for. :)

Now, concerning our day with Dave, I gotta say that we both enjoyed it very much.

I mean that guy let us drive his Mach to cars and coffee. That was a very cool thing to do and I DO appreciate that. It was fun to drive that on American roads and although the HEMI Chrysler we have for a rental is nice, this was way more fun.

But not only that, Dave also insisted that we were his guests for the day and would not allow us to pay for anything. Except for my wife's shoes. He bailed out on that one. ;-)

To make a long story short: we had fun, Dave is a great guy.

What a treat this trip has been so far:

Wolverine let us spend the night at his place, mach71351 invited us for dinner and provided us with tickets to the San Diego zoo and Dave let us drive his car, took us to a car show and fed us all day long.

You guys rock!!

Thank you for making us feel welcome.

You should of come up here lux...we playing a halloween gig next weekend...would of been perfict place for you to where your skin suit!! ;)

Looks like you all have a great time!!

If I remember your whereabouts correctly, we should be there next year.
Cool..My motor should be done by then..."if everything goes right" lol..Got the complete set up....1200 dollar comp cam set up for it...Should wake it right up....Unless i end up over there next year..lol...I got to go to Wales and see some old family estates and castles and such..Family tour thing..and gives me a chance to tour some of europe while im there.

Back