My Day at the Ford Fever Classics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 429 cu. in. C6 Auto
2007 Mustang GT Convertible 2002 Lincoln Continental
2006 Toyota Corolla S Type
2006 Honda Goldwing
Well I got to the event at 9:45am and Finally got in at 10:15 . The place was packed full of FORDS!!! I did a tour thru the Swap Meet Lots of stuff but nothing really for our Stangs. I did get 2 good deals though. I been getting ready to order a Shift Light for my Stang and had decided to buy an AutoMeter 5340 Standalone unit since I'm putting in a In-Dash AutoMeter Tach. I've been finding them online for $80 to $120. I found one at the Swap Meet NIB for $25 didnt even try to talk the guy down just snatched it up and paid the man! I was also looking for a Timing Marker for my 429 since I cant seem to locate the one I took off. The OEM's I've seen online go from $40-$60. I've also looked at the adjustable Billet model but those run from $80-$95. Well a Vendor there selling race ford motor setups had a Wild looking 460 on display. I noticed the Billet Pointer mounted on it and asked the guy if they sell them he said they sure do, So I asked how much and I was expecting to hear $80 or more. He said $45 I said SOLD I'll take one. He said he didnt have with him but could bring it Sunday and I told him I could'nt make it back. Then I pointed to the one on the engine and said you have one right there!!! He said I sure do. He went and got some allen wrenches and I was off with my new Billet Timing Pointer. I took quite a few fews of the Great looking fords I saw there and have attached a link to see them! There is a Slide Button on the Top right side of the page! Here are Pic's of the Pointer and light I bought!

atm-5340_w.jpg

fms-m-6023-a460_w.jpg

Here is the URL to the PIC's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjhurley58/

I have a pic and a sales sheet/Marti Report of a 71 Coupe the was still owned by the wife of the man who ordered it. It had been ordered with a 429 SCJ Close Ratio 4 spd w/Hurst Shifter and a Detroit locker if I remember. Her husband died last year and she has been showing the car. Very Cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you had a great time and got some deals on parts to boot. The 429 SCJ, close ratio, Detroit locker, is VERY rare. Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I'd love to have the red 1966 Cyclone lining up against the white 68/69 Torino formal roof line. Chuck

I had a blast on yesterday. Got some awesome vids, mr. warbucks lifted his car off the ground. Pretty crazy!
Daddy Warbucks and the group he race's with always put pn a good show! Sorry I couldnt make it back on Sunday had to hrad north for my brothers birthday!

Sounds like you had a great time and got some deals on parts to boot. The 429 SCJ, close ratio, Detroit locker, is VERY rare. Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I'd love to have the red 1966 Cyclone lining up against the white 68/69 Torino formal roof line. Chuck
Heck I would love to have just about every car I saw there!! Well except for the Mustang II's and that military lookin contraption! :D

Off topic but do you ever see any of the seven 1972 sprint convertibles that are registered in Maryland?
Cant say I have! Had a friend with a Coupe Sprint but that was 33 years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back