Hot water control valve

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
Just got a new hot water valve for my 72, 302-2v, with air. Has an arrow on it, does the arrow go towards the firewall or away?? Also, where do you run the vacuum line to. I have an opening on the back of the carb????

72's with factory air use vacuum controls. There should be a small vacuum line with a purple stripe coming through the firewall. This is what connects to the water valve. If you have a Shop Manual, see page 36-32-03 of Volume III, though the water valve pictured (labelled "4") looks nothing like the one I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
72's with factory air use vacuum controls. There should be a small vacuum line with a purple stripe coming through the firewall. This is what connects to the water valve. If you have a Shop Manual, see page 36-32-03 of Volume III, though the water valve pictured (labelled "4") looks nothing like the one I have.
Great, I found it and it does not have anything connected to it, that's where it goes! Many thanks!!!

On the same subject, My '73 351C -2V car has a heater hose "H" adapter with a vacuum switch in the middle of the "H".

Anyone know where I could get a replacement "H" pipe for this??

On the same subject, My '73 351C -2V car has a heater hose "H" adapter with a vacuum switch in the middle of the "H".

Good luck on that, I've been hunting for that part for the last 10 years. No luck yet.

Good luck on that, I've been hunting for that part for the last 10 years. No luck yet.
Here is some information that may be of help to you in your search:

This is a type 3 hot water heater tube.

Part number D3OZ-18B402-B

FOR 1973 F=MUSTANG, B=TORINO AND LTD

351-400 V8 Engines with integral A/C.

This is out of my 1973-79 Ford parts book that I just picked up at the last Hershey car show/flea market. I only have part of the parts book but at least I finally have a number for this pesky hard to find part.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you post a drawing or picture of this part? rear counter parts shows a listing. Chuck

This is out of my 1973-79 Ford parts book that I just picked up at the last Hershey car show/flea market. I only have part of the parts book but at least I finally have a number for this pesky hard to find part.

Michael

Can you post a drawing or picture of this part? rear counter parts shows a listing. Chuck

Hi Chuck here is a picture of that H shape pipe thingy that goes into the two heater hoses by the right front valve cover. What is this rear counter parts you speak of?

Michael
100_2197.jpg

Back