replacement hot water elbow

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73greengold

Reaction score
My Car
73 convertible
302 2bbl
Ram Air
Guys have a question. I need to replace my hot water elbow on my 73 and can find numerous replacements part #18559, but mine has a vacuum acuator on the side and none of the replacements I've found do. I've currently cut about 1/2 the hose tube off that was rotted and shoved the heater hose as far on as possible. It seems to be working but I'd still like to replace before more issues arise. Do they make one of these with the vacuum port on the side? Thanks.

Marty

Mark, I've attached the pics below. It sits at the front of the intake in front of the coil, to the side of the dist. Heater hose connects directly to the top of the fitting (where it rotted). Vacuum line goes behind the 2bbl and connects into a three-way vacuum connecter then into the carb base. Thanks, and Happy New Year to All! :D

Good pics Greengold. Mine is not quite like yours. I think you could make this out of pipe fittings if you had to. Are you sure this is a original part?
Not sure about OEM, it's been on the car since I've owned it (9 years). The vacuum connector is the wild card with replacement parts. I guess I could cap the vacuum line and see what happens.

Guys have a question. I need to replace my hot water elbow on my 73 and can find numerous replacements part #18559, but mine has a vacuum acuator on the side and none of the replacements I've found do. I've currently cut about 1/2 the hose tube off that was rotted and shoved the heater hose as far on as possible. It seems to be working but I'd still like to replace before more issues arise. Do they make one of these with the vacuum port on the side? Thanks.

Marty
Hello;I have the same situation with my 73 mustang 302, did you ever find the part to replace.

Thank you,Larry azflcowboy

Back