NASCAR

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
I grew up with it. First race I was 7 I think....Junior Johnson,Cale, Coo Coo Marlin.

Catching a bit of the Martinsville race....stands were sparse. Looks like the management has politically corrected the sport to death.

Yep look at Bristol, they ran us out (season tickets for 10 years) for a more politically correct crowd now Bruton is begging us to come back. PISS on him/them.:mad:

Here in Panama City, FL, we had a NASCAR team have their base shop for a few years before they moved to NC. Our local Mustang Club went to see them, and it was amazing. One one wall was about 60 9" pumpkins, all of slightly different ratios. They built all their own sheet metal (I was drooling over all of the English wheels, brakes, etc.!). I asked the lead car builder if there was anything stock from the factory in these cars, and he said yes, there is. By the rules, the passenger side floor pan is factory stock.

What a crock! NASCAR: National Association of STOCK Car Racing. NOT!

Nascar is now the GM/Toyota Racing Circuit. I would love to see Dodge win this year on the way out but it looks like Nascar has Jimmie Johnson picked to win this year. That way he can get his 6th title in 7 years.

Yep look at Bristol, they ran us out (season tickets for 10 years) for a more politically correct crowd now Bruton is begging us to come back. PISS on him/them.:mad:

okay now I may have to patent that quote... of course give ya royalties!!!

Here in Panama City, FL, we had a NASCAR team have their base shop for a few years before they moved to NC. Our local Mustang Club went to see them, and it was amazing. One one wall was about 60 9" pumpkins, all of slightly different ratios. They built all their own sheet metal (I was drooling over all of the English wheels, brakes, etc.!). I asked the lead car builder if there was anything stock from the factory in these cars, and he said yes, there is. By the rules, the passenger side floor pan is factory stock.

What a crock! NASCAR: National Association of STOCK Car Racing. NOT!
I call them COToyota

Last edited by a moderator:
NASCAR has not interested me since the early 2000's. I like road racing and drag nowadays.
I'm with you there, NAPcar is right up there with golf for excitement. When the series "tough" guy is Kyle Busch... you have a problem!
Don't forget about that other tough guy Tony Stewart.

NASCAR has not interested me since the early 2000's. I like road racing and drag nowadays.
I'm with you there, NAPcar is right up there with golf for excitement. When the series "tough" guy is Kyle Busch... you have a problem!
Don't forget about that other tough guy Tony Stewart.
Aw, come on. Don't be hatin' on Tony. I still like NASCAR - I've liked it a lot more in the past, but I'll take it over any of those 'stick and/or ball sports' any day. Hockey's a different story though - ya just gotta love a 'sport' where you strap blades onto your feet, carry lumber, and fighting is allowed.

Aw, come on. Don't be hatin' on Tony. I still like NASCAR - I've liked it a lot more in the past, but I'll take it over any of those 'stick and/or ball sports' any day. Hockey's a different story though - ya just gotta love a 'sport' where you strap blades onto your feet, carry lumber, and fighting is allowed.

You mean the FAt spiderman:p

a20791f131f351fdef3719_m.jpg

I tried to start watching NASCAR but when I researched how it used to be, nowadays just seem dull because there is no challenge for the manufactures to come up with new ideas to win. That's when a friend turned me onto ALMS and took me to a race and it was loads of fun.

Let's not forget that it all started from moonshiners sooping up their cars to out run the cops. They should have to get a case of mason jars with moonshine to the finish line and lose points for broken jars.

Seriously, the guys that build these things are true craftsmen.

NASCAR has succeeded in doing what a certain element of our government and politicians have been trying to do for years, make everything and everyone equal (and boring). Initiative and innovation are no longer allowed, same bodies, same frame , same brakes, engines built to precise specifications (some minor head differences), same tire brand, same fuel brand, transmissions and differentials to the same specs, same weight. I’m surprised that the various paint schemes are still allowed, and they don’t have to follow the same boring schemes, with only 2 or 3 dull paint colors allowed, white or black block letters for the advertising, no company logos.

It won't be long before every car will have to be set up the same way, exactly the same springs, shocks, non-adjustable track bars, no spring rubbers, etc.

Also was a diehard fan, thousands of dollars in die-cast and stuff for what!

They go and change everything,We have to have a 10 race chase, change the points,change qualifying, Car of Tomorrow(fast and furious crowd), No more sling shot passes at Daytona or dega (Loved that), and I could go on and on and on.:-/

Well said you guys... well said. For "me" all of the above with one additive.... Brian France must have hired Vince MacMahan to manage the sport. Good Gawd i've met women with more balls than these drivers we have now days. Personally I LOVE to see the low turn outs at races. I called this back in 99!!! All I can think of is.....

the Gieco commercial where drill sgt says we should all go to mamby pamby land

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said you guys... well said. For "me" all of the above with one additive.... Brian France must have hired Vince MacMahan to manage the sport. Good Gawd i've met women with more balls than these drivers we have now days. Personally I LOVE to see the low turn outs at races. I called this back in 99!!! All I can think of is.....

the Gieco commercial where drill sgt says we should all go to mamby pamby land
I believe you are referring to this.

Back