7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FL.40

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Coupe 351W T5
Hello all, I have recently acquired a fabulous 1973 Ford Mustang Coupe.

And I, as do many newbies, have so many questions.

I found this place by accident, but after reading many posts I feel you all have a great knowledge of Mustangs and are very willing to share. I also noticed this place doesn't have a lot of the BS I see on other forums I visit.

A little about me , Born in Illinois , after 28 years I had enough and moved to Green Bay. 5 years later I had enough of the cold, So I sold almost everything and me and the misses moved to Florida. Be here 10 years next April.

Got a call from the wife's friend that her sister moved from Nevada to here and wanted to sell her car. Lo and behold it is a 1973 Mustang Coupe with a 351W and a T5 trans.

I have been all over this car and I can't find any substantial rust. A little surface rust here and there. NO holes at all. The interior is not in salvageable condition, but that is cheap. Motor runs strong, tranny needs a little TLC but is good.

I look forward to getting to know you all and have a lot of fun here.

Thanks for Listening.

Jeff

Welcome aboard from south east Wisconsin. Post of some pictures of your coupe when you get a chance.

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Your right, this site is friendly and has a lot of knowledgeable members. Feel free to ask any questions. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your coupe and hearing more about your progress.

Welcome from Chesapeake, VA!

Thanks gentleman. As requested here are some picks. Need lots of TLC , but a great start.

Mustang 10-14-12 012.jpg

Mustang 10-14-12 009.jpg

Mustang 10-14-12 005.jpg

Mustang 10-14-12 001.jpg

Mustang 10-14-12 002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from northern Nevada. Take a close look at the floor pans under the carpet - both driver's and passenger side. Looks like a nice project you've got there. Glad to have you here!

you might want to check the cowlings to. those are common for rusting and its nice to have another member

I also noticed this place doesn't have a lot of the BS I see on other forums I visit.
lmao..

Lo and behold it is a 1973 Mustang Coupe with a 351W and a T5 trans.

I have been all over this car and I can't find any substantial rust. A little surface rust here and there. NO holes at all. The interior is not in salvageable condition, but that is cheap. Motor runs strong, tranny needs a little TLC but is good.
Make sure you get your interior items from Don at Ohio Mustang. He makes sure we get top quality...and here quality is king.

Good job scoring a T5 tranny. I understand that is a great upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back