Wheels / rims

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
Hi,

From which site can I buy very good rims?

NOT China or Taiwan ... stuff, but an American quality please.

Respond only by people with good experiences (wheels a few years in use).

Interested in Magnum 500 (Billet) or Eleanor-style ultra 454 (Mustang Unlimited??).

Not so easy for me from Belgium (no references).

By Don (OMS) - CJ - ....?

? :idea: ?

Thanks,

eddyw

I'm not sure what they do as far as international goes, but I've had good experience with Mustang Unlimited. They're prices are decent and I have been impressed by their customer service. They are quite helpful and have taken care of any problems that have arisen due to their product.

Unfortunately, most rims nowadays are sourced from out of the country... Korea, Taiwan, etc.

I honestly couldn't tell you a TRUE American manufacturer, as in a wheel that was cast/forged AND assembled in the US.

There might be some, I just don't know which ones.

I had my Magnum 500 wheels custom made by www.specialtywheel.com in Oregon. They are a vendor that make the wheels and sell them to places like Mustangs Unlimited, NPD, CJ Pony Parts, etc.

They are not the "billet" style 17's but the real deal Magnum 500's.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much money do you want to spend?

I would think USA made is $400 per wheel, minimum.

Too bad you didn't post earlier. Lux could have scoped out a few wheels for you and tucked them under his seat.

PM Luxstang...he is the European connection in regards to wheels, especially in regards to wheel size and offsets.

Too bad you didn't post earlier. Lux could have scoped out a few wheels for you and tucked them under his seat.
Nah, with the limited space I had on the plane for a 12+ hours flight, I was glad I was able to breathe, even without anything under my seat. Besides, my wife wouldn´t let me go near a wheels store. :)

Back to topic: The problem is that it is very hard to find out, where your wheels were made when you order them. Even if you buy an American brand, they might still be made in China.

Even if most of the wheel was made in China and they were finished and welded together in the US, they will still read "made in USA".

Back