Has anyone tried to save money on razors?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
While grocery shopping the other day I noticed razor blades for the tried and true Gillette Mach 3 were over $17.00 for a 5 pack! I was too cheap to spend that kind of dough on razor blades. I have tried cheap blades with no satisfaction. I hate to say it is not the money, cause it sounds so silly, but I can't believe there isn't a better alternative.

I went online and found this.

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/4sfu/1782ce6/

for $6.00 a month they will ship me razor blades.

Has anyone else tried them or heard about them? They got written up by Forbes, so they seem legit. This is not really Mustang related, but in all fairness, If I can save 120 a year or more, then I can justify spending more on gas.

I miss my mach 3 Razor. Bought the Fusion then found blades on clearence at my local WalMart for $2, guess they had ordered too many. I almost bought them all. That was two years ago I still have refills left.

Whitesoc, you may have to have them smuggled into Canada!

Like my Mach 3, but I also like nice fresh blades and would rarely use one for more than 5 shaves except for my hatred of going the grocery store and the outrageous prices. I would try a straight razor if I could learn to sharpen it properly and not slit my throat by accident.

The commercial is definitely worth watching.

I just bought a 6 pack of the Mach 3 disposable razors today at Wal Mart. They were a little over $14.00 which I thought was very expensive too. Those 6 will last me almost a year as I have a full beard and only shave my neck and cheeks!

I miss my Gillette Sensor 2 bladed razor. They still work great. Blades were getting hard to find but I could get a pack of 10 for $15-$16. Would last me a year if I didn't dry shave. I lost the dang handle about two months ago while deployed and I'm distraught as I'll likely never find another.

I miss my Gillette Sensor 2 bladed razor. They still work great. Blades were getting hard to find but I could get a pack of 10 for $15-$16. Would last me a year if I didn't dry shave. I lost the dang handle about two months ago while deployed and I'm distraught as I'll likely never find another.
I had that one before the Mach 3 I bet the handle is still under the bathroom sink at my parents house!

I'm still using a TrakII, but can't find Gillette refill blades without the lubricating strip (the chemical irritates my skin). I've found generic refills, though, and they are fine. I've used a FusionIII, but it isn't as good as the old TrakII.

I'm actually thinking of going back to the one blade system...

I just bought a 6 pack of the Mach 3 disposable razors today at Wal Mart. They were a little over $14.00 which I thought was very expensive too. Those 6 will last me almost a year as I have a full beard and only shave my neck and cheeks!
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:s

I guess you will not be borrowing my razor! :D

I guess you will not be borrowing my razor! :D
You are correct SIR:rolleyes:

I don't shave that's how I save money, I just trim my beard down when I get a hair cut. Being an knife guy I will suggest a trying straight razor If you are tired of buying replacement blades.

I use the Gilette Atra II twin blade. The refills are alot at around $15 for a 10 pack. I have tried the 3 blade, 4 blade, 5 blade,:dodgy:....................and so on, but still like the shave of the regular old twin blade. What do 5 blades do for you anyways?:huh: We go over the same spot 2 or 3 times anyways !:)

Back