Happy Veterans Day with picture

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
Found this picture today of my Dad "Midnight" by his F-4 Phantom and thought it would be a good share. Thank you to to all the veterans, past and present as well as the family members who have all sacrificed so much to protect our freedom. Keep 'Em Flying!

image.jpg

That was after active duty, at this point the reserves with the Nebraska Air Guard flying RF-4C's.
I worked F4G's Wild Weasels. The bit below was ours:

On 15 August 1990, 24 F-4G Wild Weasel Vs and six RF-4Cs were mobilized to Shaikh Isa AB, Bahrain, for Operation Desert Storm. The F-4G was the only aircraft in the USAF inventory equipped for the suppression of enemy air defenses (SEAD) role, and was needed to protect coalition aircraft from Iraq's extensive air defense system. The RF-4C was the only aircraft equipped with the ultra-long-range KS-127 LOROP (long-range oblique photography) camera, and was used for a variety of reconnaissance missions. In spite of flying almost daily missions, only one RF-4C was lost in a fatal accident before the start of hostilities. One F-4G was lost when enemy fire damaged the fuel tanks and the aircraft ran out of fuel near a friendly airbase.

Here is the link it has some cool stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-4_Phantom_II

I suppose it is F-4 day. I worked avionics on F-4C/D/E in Germany and Spain 1974-1976. B-52s and KC-135s in North Carolina 1976-1977. I liked the F-4E the best. Chuck

Back