Bearing/Seal Kits

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
So I FINALLY starting putting the new rotor on a little while ago when I realized I actually need two bearing rings and a sleeve. Didn't know about the rear one. I thought maybe I could pry it out of the old rotor but that one seems to be sealed in with some sort of rubber insert. It looks like I need to pick up a new bearing seal kit but I can't seem to find one for the front; only the rear. Any of you guys know a part number for one of these kits? It's for front disc. Thanks for any help!

So in doing a little more research These are the parts I think I need. Anyone who's changed/repacked bearings confirm this for me?

Wheel Seal, Front, Wheel bearing, front (which looks to include the inner and outer bearing.) And I need a new dust cap. All the other parts can be reused.

So assuming these are the correct parts; when installing how much grease should I put in? should I fill it up or just coat everything? Thanks again for any help!

Wheel bearing need to be packed, not just coated

Try a google search

" Packing a wheel bearing "

Wheel bearing need to be packed, not just coated

Try a google search

" Packing a wheel bearing "
Thanks for the reply Don. I know I need to pack the bearing itself but what about between the inner and outer bearing on the shaft of the spindle? Do I need to coat that at all?

Back