Show by Drift Champion Yves Faber with our cars in the middle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Not easy to put all this in a title.....

A few months ago there was a gathering at a car dealership to introduce the Luxembourgian participant to the last Pikes Peak Race. The dealership was one of the sponsors, as well as our local Ford Dealer, who also sponsors Yves Faber, who is one of the top 3 drivers in the European drift Challenge in his Fox body Mustang.

To top it off, they asked our Mustang Club if some of us could show up in classic Stangs.

If you look closely you will see my car along with 4 of our other cars (incl Nic´s original 68 GT500) right in the center of the action.

In the vid it looks less spectacular than it did live. Maybe it was because he does this at a 60 cm distance to your own car... :)

As the vid progresses, he gets a little bolder, so enjoy. :)

[video=youtube]

Very cool Mike, of course your car is at the end near the apex of his drift.
That´s what you get for getting there late. :)

But, yes, it was close.

Before he started he asked me if I could back the car up a little, just to be on the safe side.

I told him I´d rather hear him say something like: "No, it´s ok, more than enough room for me."

:s

Just really glad to see the driver didn't have to say the dreaded word...

OOPS! Then "sorry".

Not sure I could handle something like this. Kids walking by at car shows with their action hero toys in hand and sticky fingers are enough terror for me!

Yes - it's been awhile but I haven't forgotten!

Ray

J Kids walking by at car shows with their action hero toys in hand and sticky fingers are enough terror for me!

Ray
Yup, but unlike the kids, this guy knows what he is doing. :)

Very cool Mike, of course your car is at the end near the apex of his drift.
That´s what you get for getting there late. :)

But, yes, it was close.

Before he started he asked me if I could back the car up a little, just to be on the safe side.

I told him I´d rather hear him say something like: "No, it´s ok, more than enough room for me."

:s
Did you ever consider 1 blown tire?

Who's the orange car?
A lady who is absolutely crazy about cars. Wife of the owner of the yellow 70 coupe next to it.

Can't make her sign up, they have no Internet at home.

The car was a plain white 6 cyl. It now has a souped 351 Cleveland, 4 speed manual. The paint is electric orange from the Ford Focus ST.

Who's the orange car?
A lady who is absolutely crazy about cars. Wife of the owner of the yellow 70 coupe next to it.

Can't make her sign up, they have no Internet at home.

The car was a plain white 6 cyl. It now has a souped 351 Cleveland, 4 speed manual. The paint is electric orange from the Ford Focus ST.
Hmmmmm that sucks

Back