Hood twist locks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73Qcode

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang Q Code Mach1
Hello all was wondering if anyone can help me out on getting the stencil cutout template for installing the twist lock for the nascar hood thanks

I added them to my hood and did a write up. The underside of the ducted hoods have a circular opening for each hood lock in the inner structure,

Do you have a picture of the other end of the setup? I have the hood components installed (incorrectly) but not the parts that they connect to around the radiator. PO just bolted in the pins - no springs and they do not rotate (But they do look good!). I'd like to fix that and a picture of the necessary parts or other advice will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added them to my hood and did a write up. The underside of the ducted hoods have a circular opening for each hood lock in the inner structure,

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-hood-lock-install
Do you have a picture of the other end of the setup? I have the hood components installed (incorrectly) but not the parts that they connect to around the radiator. PO just bolted in the pins - no springs and they do not rotate (But they do look good!). I'd like to fix that and a picture of the necessary parts or other advice will be appreciated.

You can go to my site and see all the parts.

Item #71HDLCKSET/R

71-73 HOOD LOCK KIT, COMPLETE 32 PIECES

Reproduction twist lock set up. Includes two hood locks, two radiator brackets, two original tooling catches, two original tooling retainers, AMK fastener kit F-1351 (12 pc kit), AMK fastener kit F-1631 (8 pc kit) and AMK fastener kit F-1630 (4 pc kit).

Resurrecting this since the link to the template is dead.  I will need to be punching these holes fairly soon

Back