Howdy: my intro...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danoreilly

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1 351C 4V
02 Deluxe Convertible
67 Fairlane GT 390
I've been on this a couple weeks and posted a pic of my ride (71 Mach 1), so I decided to introduce myself.

I've been a Mustang nut since 1964, but didn't own one, a '66, until 2004. In 2007, I bought my '71 Mach and have been working on it since. This is a numbers-matching car, and has the fold-down rear seat and ram-air system among other things. A 351C 4V is under the hood. A show car (and multiple show winner), I've restored it as close to factory specs as possible.

My winter project, which I hope to start in a couple weeks, is to pull the motor and rebuild it since it's getting very tired at about 95k miles and is using oil way faster than I'm comfortable with. I'm putting in a bit more aggressive cam and beefing up the valve train (keeping the hydraulic flat tappets), plus changing to Keith Black hypereutectic pistons with chrome/molly rings. When all's said and done, it should be well north of 400hp at the flywheel, and I hope that will translate to close to 400 at the rear wheels. Can you EVER have enough power????

welcome from alabama::welcome::

WELCOME aboard, Dan!

Sounds like you have a really nice "project" there. Since you have restored your Mach I, I would think that you will bring a lot to the Site. I look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

Again, Welcome aboard!!

BT

Welcome tot he forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome to the club, Dan! Glad to have you here.

Sounds like a great ride you've got, and I'm looking forward to reading about your engine upgrade. Pics, of course, are always very much appreciated!! :D

Doc

Hello and welcome to the forum.I hope you will have lots of fun here and will enjoy our company..

welcome from vienna!!!

abudi

Welcome from Uruguay Dan!

Nice winter project you´re planning ;)

Welcome to the site. You'll find this a great place to spend (too much) time. :D
Totally agree!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Oklahoma. This is a great site. I've built several 351Cs. If I can help let me know.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back