• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 Mustang - Hemmings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they could do a package deal with the BOSS 351 2 V coupe someone posted earlier :p

If they can prove shelby bolted the parts on that car then yeah it's worth it.
Not only Prove it, I want to see pictures of Mr. Shelby bolting on the parts!!

$125K the Value of are cars keep going up and up, so we have to keep track of these adds so when we post outragus prices we can use them a a Price guide if someone asks!! :D

If they can prove shelby bolted the parts on that car then yeah it's worth it.
Not only Prove it, I want to see pictures of Mr. Shelby bolting on the parts!!

$125K the Value of are cars keep going up and up, so we have to keep track of these adds so when we post outragus prices we can use them a a Price guide if someone asks!! :D
Pictures would be proof but unless he is pointing at the VIN you still don't really know. Too much fraud out there to trust anyone these days

As I said before - this car does not have a Shelby VIN. It's like those 1973 Mexican Sprint Mach1 Mustangs things that had some aftermarket and off the parts shelf bolted on to boost the sale of an otherwise stock Mach1. Drop the 1 off the price and start from there. Shelby had nothing to do with Mustangs after 1969 when the dealers could not even sell all the Ford made GT350 and GT500's and they had to be re VIN'ed as 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a lot of the work was done by Galpin Ford and another company that sold Shelby parts. Read what you can of the articles in the pics.

If it was not built at a Shelby building in California or AO Smith in Michigan it only has an interesting story that ads maybe 10% to the value. The Shelby Europas and Mexican Shelby Coupes had a lot more going for them than this one-off lets grab some parts and bolt them onto it to Shelbyize a Mach1. While I don't doubt the "story" it is still a after the fact dealer installed special that you would be hard pressed to find any FORD or SHELBY literature advertising what it is. Get a Marti report or the Ford 999 report and see what that says and I doubt it will mention any of the bolt ons.

I'll even go to far as to say now that Shelby is no longer with us I think the seller is trying to capitalize on that.

For $125K would you rather have a 71 429CJ and a 71 BOSS 351 for about the same amount of money.

That would not be a hard choice for me too make. DOH

If it was not built at a Shelby building in California or AO Smith in Michigan it only has an interesting story that ads maybe 10% to the value. The Shelby Europas and Mexican Shelby Coupes had a lot more going for them than this one-off lets grab some parts and bolt them onto it to Shelbyize a Mach1. While I don't doubt the "story" it is still a after the fact dealer installed special that you would be hard pressed to find any FORD or SHEBLY literature advertising what it is. Get a Marti report or the Ford 999 report and see what that says and I doubt it will mention any of the bolt ons.
+1 this was discussed on the Shelby site and is a modified Mach no more!

At least the hood paint is correct. :D

I agree with Rex, though... sounds like someone's trying to capitalize on the Shelby name. Pieces and parts, a Shelby does not make - don't care who bolted them in/on.

Knock the "1" off the front of the price, and you might have something there, as it IS actually a nice Mach 1 (IF there's an "05" in the 3 & 4 VIN ID positions, that is).

At least the hood paint is correct. :D

I agree with Rex, though... sounds like someone's trying to capitalize on the Shelby name. Pieces and parts, a Shelby does not make - don't care who bolted them in/on.

Knock the "1" off the front of the price, and you might have something there, as it IS actually a nice Mach 1.
Tiotally agree with you Eric!

If you read the add thoroughly, you will see that it is a "Mauch1". Maybe the extra "u" adds to the value? :D

If you read the add thoroughly, you will see that it is a "Mauch1". Maybe the extra "u" adds to the value? :D
Yeah, I saw that and wondered if my pal from high school (who moved to California) had anything to do with it - his last name is 'Mauch.' :D

$125K for a Mach1 one with some bolt on parts. What are these people smoking? :rolleyes:
I have mine listed at ONLY 85k

Should I raise the price:)????

Back