Race Fuel or other High Octane Fuel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweeps

Reaction score
My Car
07 Mustang GT
First car 351 H Code 73 Mach 1 totalled in college
Where can you get 100 Low Lead Fuel or race fuels? Dad needs it for the Boss and the 72 R Code. The R Code is at my Brother's in Pittsburgh. Anyone in the area know best place and what octanes are available?

Go to your local airport and fill a few 5 gal. jerry cans. If anyone asks, your filling your cans for a project. I doubt anyone would question you. They will just be happy to see someone buying their fuel.

What part of Da 'Burgh is it in?

How much ya need?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got 111 leaded in Oklahoma

What part of Da 'Burgh is it in?

How much ya need?
He just moved there a couple of months ago. I am not familiar with Pittsburgh so I have no idea! He did drive the car to a gas station and fillled it up I believe. So if you see a Bright Red Mach 1 with WV Antique plates on nice days, that will be my Brother in Dad's R Code. Not sure when or if Dad is going to haul it the 4 hours to his house this summer in WV.

I am about 20 miles NE of downtown, up and right next to the Allegheny River.

If he really needs race fuel and is around here, I can let him know where to get some. I still have contacts with circle track racers from my racecar decalin' days if he needs/wants leaded. I think the pump race fuels here have all gone no-lead.

Purvis Bros. is the vendor for Lernerville Speedway in Sarver.

They are located in Mars, PA (due north of town a fair ways):

http://www.purvisbros.com/racing.html

Feel free to PM me if needed.

Pete

I am about 20 miles NE of downtown, up and right next to the Allegheny River.

If he really needs race fuel and is around here, I can let him know where to get some. I still have contacts with circle track racers from my racecar decalin' days if he needs/wants leaded. I think the pump race fuels here have all gone no-lead.

Purvis Bros. is the vendor for Lernerville Speedway in Sarver.

They are located in Mars, PA (due north of town a fair ways):

http://www.purvisbros.com/racing.html

Feel free to PM me if needed.

Pete
I get mine at a gas station up in butler. About 45 miles north of pittsburgh. They sell a bunch to the guys that race quads and dirt bikes at switchback raceway. Its just past the rt8 and mercer rd intersection. i believe its 116 octane , not sure if its leaded or unleaded??? I like to put a couple gallons in the mach1 once in a while just to smell it :D

If the R-code has stock specs, it has only 9.2 compression. It shouldl run fine on 91 octane.

The Boss at 11.2 is another story. Have you tried the octane booster fuel additives at the local auto store?

Back