Marti report, big suprise to me!! sprint!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJM718

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe, 302 with a T5 swap. Bought at 37k now at 50k
SO this was a HUGE suprise to me!! I bought the car thinking it was just any old regular coupe, turns out it was a sprint!! The funny thing is, a couple months ago, i stumbled on a picture of a sprint, and i loved it!! and to find out that mine is one of them, i am so happy!! as i was thinking of using the sprint's paint style to repaint the car, but now i just have to get it back to where it used to be. I am going to redo the paint soon, and put the interior back to its nice white and blue!

That's excellent. It's so weird to see so many sprints repainted another color but evidently it happened a lot.

Check out www.1972mustangsprint.com for all your sprint info needs. I did not create the website but I did provide a lot of the content.

Rex

I also asked the Mustang source to update their webpage since so many people use their "facts' when they advertise a sprint for sale.

Many people quote the paragraph from the website when they are selling a sprint but the information is incorrect and out of date. I have corrected the information.

Mustang celebrated the 1972 Olympics with the Mustang Sprint. Sprints were white with blue rocker panel paint, hood stripes, and seat inserts and a USA shield on the rear quarter panel. Many of the cars came with the standard "dog dish" hubcaps, but Magnum 500 wheels were an option. Ford made 3,086 Sprint fastbacks, 6,247 coupes and only 50 convertibles for the Washington, D.C. Cherry Blossom parade. All 1972 Mustang Sprints were produced in the Dearborn, Michigan plant. Most of the Mustang Sprints were built with the 2-barrel 302 V8 engines. Others were built with 351 2V and 4V Clevelands, and over 400 came with a 6-cylinder engine. Ford also offered Sprint models of their smaller Mavericks and Pintos. Visit www.1972mustangsprint.com for more info.

Rex Turner

Owner of a 72 sprint convertible

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all!! and it definitely is like winning the lottery!!!

The interior is now black, with dark blue carpet. It also has a center console with a clock that's always at 6:23 haha. I havent taken it apart yet to fix it. I dont know if this center console came with the car, but it's staying now. Does anyone know what came in decor group?

Thank you Vamach1!!! i definitely will check this out. This is actually how I found out the story behind my car. It actually wouldn't cost a tremendous amount of money to put the car back to stock. I know a painter, and the interior i just have to get new seat covers, and repaint the interior parts. This will be the project now, getting it back to stock!!

That's excellent. It's so weird to see so many sprints repainted another color but evidently it happened a lot.

Check out www.1972mustangsprint.com for all your sprint info needs. I did not create the website but I did provide a lot of the content.

Rex

I also asked the Mustang source to update their webpage since so many people use their "facts' when they advertise a sprint for sale.

Many people quote the paragraph from the website when they are selling a sprint but the information is incorrect and out of date. I have corrected the information.

Mustang celebrated the 1972 Olympics with the Mustang Sprint. Sprints were white with blue rocker panel paint, hood stripes, and seat inserts and a USA shield on the rear quarter panel. Many of the cars came with the standard "dog dish" hubcaps, but Magnum 500 wheels were an option. Ford made 3,086 Sprint fastbacks, 6,247 coupes and only 50 convertibles for the Washington, D.C. Cherry Blossom parade. All 1972 Mustang Sprints were produced in the Dearborn, Michigan plant. Most of the Mustang Sprints were built with the 2-barrel 302 V8 engines. Others were built with 351 2V and 4V Clevelands, and over 400 came with a 6-cylinder engine. Ford also offered Sprint models of their smaller Mavericks and Pintos. Visit www.1972mustangsprint.com for more info.

Rex Turner

Owner of a 72 sprint convertible
You guys are lucky

When I did my Q code sprint in 98 - 99 no one had any good info.

Took me several weeks of sending parts back and forth to TMI just to get seat material made.

Don

Back