Nice Score - 67 Fairlane 390 GT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danoreilly

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1 351C 4V
02 Deluxe Convertible
67 Fairlane GT 390
Looks like I may have the chance to make a really nice score: a '67 Fairlane GT with a 390 4V motor. It's in pretty straight shape, even drivable with a bit of rust repair. The best thing is the motor has less than 1k miles on it after a total rebuild, including roller cam & rockers, that sort of thing. The FE engines make great power pretty fast. And the nice thing is, the car's VIN has been researched and it's a genuine 390 GT. Meaning standard power front disks, power steering, bucket seats, nice trim package etc..

My wife owned a '65 Fairlane 500 when we got married and I had a '65 Galaxie. So, this car, while not a '65, is close enough, plus it's a REALLY hot car when you get 'em fixed up.

Should go nicely in the stable next to my '71 Mach.

Film at 11...

Hey, that's really cool Dan. Up for lunch on Friday?
Can't. Getting a tooth pulled early Friday AM, so I'm going to be sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself...take a rain check for next Friday?

Well, I bought the car this week. And I have to say, my first impression is WOW!!!! All the parts are there, including a bunch scavenged from another wrecked 67 Fairlane. This car is STRAIGHT. It lived all its life in Pueblo, CO and Pahrumph, NV. Both hot and dry climates, so almost no rust. The cool thing is the original owner's manual is still there, including the date of purchase, address of the original buyer, etc..

I haven't checked out the rear undercarriage yet, as I'm towing the car home this weekend. But basically, the vehicle is ready for paint. Front suspension, steering components all totally rebuilt rebuilt. Front clip prepared & painted already. Turns out the car had a vinyl roof originally, but all the trim for that is still there (MAJOR bonus). A pair of used but VERY nice NOS front fenders already in primer. Only 2 rust spots I saw: one on the passenger-side footboard and on on the passenger side door. Both are about the size of a quarter is all. All I have to do is add an interior, get the paint on, and reassemble it. That's it. A steal, and I can't WAIT to get it on the road!

Got the Fairlane home yesterday, and had a chance to go through it thoroughly today. Man, I cannot believe this is an unrestored, 46 year old car! The thing is just so pristine. I found 1 minor dent on the RR quarter above the wheel, a crease towards the bottom of the LR quarter behind the wheel, a 1.5" hole in the right toeboard, and a 1" hole in the right door. That is IT for obvious body damage, after going over the whole car pretty thoroughly. The trunk is in great shape, the front clip is already painted, the front fenders and cowl panel are NOS from another wrecked car and they've already been primed.

I'm certain that taking the paint down will reveal a few more minor problems, but for about 95% of the car, you can sand down what remains of the original paint and shoot the car. It's that straight. The interior paint is in similar shape, except the dash needs to be sanded down thoroughly before painting. I plan on media blasting the interior and having it shot with a good epoxy primer to ensure the rustless-ness will continue.

Let me say what everybody else wont...... I HATE YOU!!!! :D

Please take pic's and if you bought that car under 6000.00 we dont wont to hear the price!!!! If you paid more....then we can dial the hate down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me say what everybody else wont...... I HATE YOU!!!! :D

Please take pic's and if you bought that car under 6000.00 we dont wont to hear the price!!!! If you paid more....then we can dial the hate down a bit.
$3k, clean title. Let the hating begin...

But now you know why I couldn't pass it up! :D

I wonder if we should ban you from the forum for psychological cruelty!

Just kiddin'. (Although when I think about it......)

:)

But we most definitely need pics!!!!

Back