Howdy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Well hello! I've been browsing this site for a couple weeks now and yall have inspired me to join. Also, wanted to pass along my thanks to the creators for a 71-73 specific site. I/we have a 71 Mach 1, originally Grabber Green, 351C 4v/C6, bought in 2002. This was my first foray into the world of Classic car restoration, and I shortly discovered lots of rust and "issues", although we were able to drive the car (at least around the block).

Anyway, its been an on/off project for awhile now, with a transition from Texas to N. Alabama in the middle of it, but I'm making progress setting up shop to get busy teaching myself to weld and do sheet metal repair. Plans are for a big block and AOD once I get the body repaired and prepped.

I'm also happy to see several members in the Tennessee and Alabama area. Hope to see yall on the road sometime! Roll Tide!

Welcome aboard! You will find that the people here are very knowledgable and willing to help.

Mike

Welcome to the site.You joined the right forum. Some of these guys have knowledge coming out of there kiesters. First thing you have to know about us isWE LOVE PICS:D .No matter what state the car is in .That way we can create a repertoire of restorations. So feel free to start up a garage ,blog or post up some vids. And once again ::welcome::

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

welcome from alabama::welcome:: now there are at least 3 from bama on here. and yes post pics no matter what it looks like . everyone here is kool..heck they didnt laugh at my junk so dont be shy and show us some pics.

Another BIG block - - WELCOME aboard!

It is also GREAT to have another member from the "South." If we keep this up, we will be the first to have a regional cruise by members from the Site.

I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

Again, Welcome!!

BT

Welcome from Ontario Canada! You won't regret running a big block, I love my 460!

Alright... here is where she sits...seems that most of my time lately is setting up to actually get serious about doing something. The motor is the Cleveland we pulled out, that I'm probably going to put in a 79 F100 I picked up over the summer. I primarily got it to practice body and mechanic work (and have some fun building a spare vehicle that my son will inherit in 10 years or so).

Oh, and since football was mentioned, we are a house divided. The wife is a TN fan having grown up in Memphis. My first team is LSU (Louisiana boy), but I like Saban so my local team is BAMA.

DSCN1526.JPG

DSCN1527.JPG

DSCN1528.JPG

Cool I guess it worked, Looks like your project and mine are on the same train. The slow one:D I wish I could talk trash about football but not much to say around here right now:(

Cool I guess it worked, Looks like your project and mine are on the same train. The slow one:D I wish I could talk trash about football but not much to say around here right now:(
Yea, I removed the glass this summer, to get a look around the windshield, found more rust holes. I was admiring your March pulley setup on one of your other posts... I'd like to do that on whatever motor I end up going with. Did the Cleveland setup work OK?

a warm hearted welcome from over here in europe too.

abudi

Yea, I removed the glass this summer, to get a look around the windshield, found more rust holes. I was admiring your March pulley setup on one of your other posts... I'd like to do that on whatever motor I end up going with. Did the Cleveland setup work OK?
Works fine on the stand not sure in real life yet. Was a pita to line up, I do know that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back