power window switches

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul of MO

Reaction score
My Car
71 M Code Convert - Barn find
73 H Code Convert - Field find
73 H code - Latest Project
The correct 1973 power window switches are now available at O'reillys for 13 bucks each. Part # DOR 901-310

I bought all 3 and all my windows now work flawlessly.

We are in the process of rewiring a 73 vert and had sometimes working and sometimes not working rear windows.

Most of the time replacing the switches fixes most PW problems and now we have a very inexpensive solution. They even had a listing for the under hood PW relay. I did not buy this as I have several good ones in a box somewhere.

Hope this helps someone out.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
The 73 switches have been available since 73

Either from Ford or the repro version - they fit many other Fords into the 90's

71 -2 switches were hard to find as they only fit 69 - 72 Fords - those are now repro'ed too

I'm doubtful they will match my 71 cougar but I'm going to check these part#s. Thanks guys

Just checked, these are the single switch, anyone know new 4 switch for the driver can be found?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doubtful they will match my 71 cougar but I'm going to check these part#s. Thanks guys

Just checked, these are the single switch, anyone know new 4 switch for the driver can be found?
I have all the new switches for 69 - 72 cars

If you need the switch block that would have to be a used part

Item #C9AZ-14530

71-72 MUSTANG/69-72 COUGAR WINDOW SWITCH RETAINERS

Pair of power window switch retainer clips. Retainer clips hold the power window switches in place. Each switch requires two clips. Price: $14.95

Add To Shopping Cart

Item #C9AZ-14540

71-72 POWER WINDOW LOCK OUT SWITCH

Master Lock out switch - 1 per car for driver door. Price: $46.95

Add To Shopping Cart

Item #C9AZ-14529

71-72 POWER WINDOW SWITCH

Power window switch for passenger door or either quarter window.Fits 71-72 Mustang, 71-72 Cougar and 69 70 71 72 Ford, Mercury, Thunderbird, LTD, Lincoln. Price: $39.95

Add To Shopping Cart

Item #C9AZ-14529-B

71-72 POWER WINDOW SWITCH, DRIVER DOOR

Power window switch for driver door control block, fits any of the 4 positions in drivers door controller. Price: $39.95

Add To Shopping Cart

NPD lists the 73 drivers switch, part number 14529-3 currently out of stock though.

Back