‘73 Convertible Marti Arrived Today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
‘73 Convertible, 302 4v
The Marti arrived today and I’m a little surprised to find the original exterior color was light blue with white interior and white top. I’ve got a few pictures from the prior owner when they did body work he believed it was an original red car. I also thought the existing red/black interior was original. Regardless, it’s cool learning a bit of the history

Attachments

• 1973 Convertible Marti Report.pdf
    369.6 KB · Views: 2
That's a lot of work to change the color and interior. Now to decide if you want to stay red or go back to blue (non-political).
I thought the same. I really like the existing Ruby Red and it’s near flawless but kicking around the idea of adding black or argent hood and side stripes to break it up a little - this is a low priority on my list. Higher up the list is changing the seat upholstery to all black and getting the A/C back in operation before July temps

Mike. You can get an idea of what a red/argent looks like. Owned mine for 20 years here in pinellas county Florida. Mine originally white exterior so color changed like yours. Let me know if you want to compare ideas on upgrade projects, good mechanics etc… [email protected]

Attachments

• 3875B1C5-E855-468F-8EAD-5B5539D3866F.jpeg
    3875B1C5-E855-468F-8EAD-5B5539D3866F.jpeg
    707.2 KB · Views: 0
  • C9146615-5902-4210-B21B-0DADB7556D80.jpeg
    C9146615-5902-4210-B21B-0DADB7556D80.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Mike. You can get an idea of what a red/argent looks like. Owned mine for 20 years here in pinellas county Florida. Mine originally white exterior so color changed like yours. Let me know if you want to compare ideas on upgrade projects, good mechanics etc… [email protected]
Thank you, I will definitely reach out for ideas, and I really like the argent on yours.

Just discovered a coolant leak and a few other maintenance issues that need taken care of first, so I’m a little way out before doing anything cosmetic just yet. I’m far from being a mechanic but have no issues getting my hands dirty or busting a knuckle or two, that being said I know my limitations and finding a good mechanic is top of mind.

Back