‘73 Fasten Seat Belt

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
‘73 Convertible, 302 4v
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask and I apologize if this is been asked before but I am having a hard time finding any info on the replacement fasten seatbelt fixture for the passenger side dash. Any idea where to look or other creative solutions to conceal the hole, if removed?

F94260CD-2531-4530-96E3-A461AB3D819A.jpeg

Hello Mike,
The warning lamps used to show up on eBay and other online sites frequently. I haven't seen any in quite some time. The problem with these lamps was the short two-year utilization on the '72-73 models. The hated seat belt interlock system was introduced in '74, replacing the '72-3 warning lamp/buzzer system. None of this was the manufacturers doing; these were all government-mandated systems. Yep, the same ones that are always busy spending your money and protecting us from ourselves!
The lamp used in the Mustang, D3ZZ-10B925-A, replaced D2ZZ-10B925-B; both had a black trim bezel and were also used in the Cougar.
The lamp used in the full-size Ford, Gran Torino, Pinto, and Maverick, had a chrome bezel and was a little more plentiful since Ford used it in more vehicle lines. The part # for it is D2AZ-10B925-A. I found one source that shows a small inventory of those. I haven't had any business dealings with them, but you could contact them and see how proud they may be of them.
https://www.rearcounter.com/D2AZ-10B925-A-parts2216210.html
You could also check with Mike @ Motor City Mustangs or Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply (OMS). They are both members/vendors here and have parts cars.
If you wanted to eliminate the light and not want the appearance of a cover in that location, you could replace the right-side finish panel with the version used in '71-72 Mustang built before 12/1/71. Since your Mustang is a vert, it has the same trim panel that is part of the Mach 1 Sport interior group. The part number for that panel is D1ZZ-6504338-B and is available as a reproduction.

1680204461811.png
1680204487735.png

Hello Mike,
The warning lamps used to show up on eBay and other online sites frequently. I haven't seen any in quite some time. The problem with these lamps was the short two-year utilization on the '72-73 models. The hated seat belt interlock system was introduced in '74, replacing the '72-3 warning lamp/buzzer system. None of this was the manufacturers doing; these were all government-mandated systems. Yep, the same ones that are always busy spending your money and protecting us from ourselves!
The lamp used in the Mustang, D3ZZ-10B925-A, replaced D2ZZ-10B925-B; both had a black trim bezel and were also used in the Cougar.
The lamp used in the full-size Ford, Gran Torino, Pinto, and Maverick, had a chrome bezel and was a little more plentiful since Ford used it in more vehicle lines. The part # for it is D2AZ-10B925-A. I found one source that shows a small inventory of those. I haven't had any business dealings with them, but you could contact them and see how proud they may be of them.
https://www.rearcounter.com/D2AZ-10B925-A-parts2216210.html
You could also check with Mike @ Motor City Mustangs or Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply (OMS). They are both members/vendors here and have parts cars.
If you wanted to eliminate the light and not want the appearance of a cover in that location, you could replace the right-side finish panel with the version used in '71-72 Mustang built before 12/1/71. Since your Mustang is a vert, it has the same trim panel that is part of the Mach 1 Sport interior group. The part number for that panel is D1ZZ-6504338-B and is available as a reproduction.

View attachment 75030
View attachment 75031
Wow. Thank you for taking time for writing up and sharing this.

Back