1" vs 1 1/8" Sway Bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ended up with a 1" front and a 3/4" Addco rear both on Black Friday specials. Got the front installed today, but having a hard time figuring out how the rear gets installed. as the directions are a bit vague at least for me.

Does someone have some pics of how they look when installed? I've googled around and searched the site but haven't found something showing the whole thing installed This is the retrofit kit that clamps around the leafs. If nothing else right now I'm not seeing how I'll have room for this thing without changing reworking my exhaust but hoping I'm just looking at this wrong. 

Thanks

Recently, someone posted a pic showing how that bar fits to the springs, but I couldn't find it in "Search". There's a lot been posted on the subject of rear sway bars. Try searching, you might have better luck than me........... or more time.

When I changed my rear bar for the new version 990, I had to drop one side of my exhaust to get it through. You might just need to do the same thing.

I've not seen the bar you need, but one the 7/8" 990 bar, I found it interfered with the clamp that holds the tank vent return line. I needed to add a spacer and longer bolt. This my not be a problem, but just a heads up.

@TheDude The directions are definitely pretty vague. The image that came with mine is below:

2239ACF8-061C-4138-ACC8-4B52EBB0F103.jpeg

I did find a video on youtube that, although not professional, I think is pretty helpful (995 is the same style bar, but for the Cougar):

I took a couple of screenshots for reference:

A6BD53B3-8F8B-455A-A2C3-902C9A5D6F7E.jpeg4B9FA00D-CA13-417E-8598-C276C1E50284.jpeg

In the last screenshot you can see where it goes above the exhaust, assuming a similar exhaust routing.

I hope that helps. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great, thanks. Sadly my google-fu let me down. That makes more sense. Wasn't even sure of what side of the axle the bar goes. Still going to be a tough fit back there, but at least I can see where it should go. 

Thanks again!

Back