• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

17 mm DD half rag joint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73MACH1WV

Reaction score
My Car
1973 MACH 1 Q CODE, BLUE GLOW IN COLOR 4 SPEED
I JUST STARTED A RESTORATION AND WILL BE EAGERLY VIEWING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE DURING MY BUILD.
Would anyone out there have a 17 mm dd half rag joint, Borgeson makes them but are in the process of moving and no eta on shipping. I'm ready to drop my motor back in soon and would like to get this P/S conversion done ASAP.

Do you not have the forged pieces that clamp to box and shaft? If you do the rag joints are sold at every parts house out there, Dorman makes them and usually on the Help rack. The number is lost in my mind. I put one on a 73 vert with P.S. and tilt a month ago. Just used the old clamps and some of the triangle washers from the old one.

David

David makes a good point, I assumed you need the part that connects to the steering column. He's correct, the flexible coupler (rag) is readily available without the shaft connections.

I found 3/4" (19mm) DD connectors online but not 17mm (11/16").

Thanks for the input but I need the half rag to fit a borgeson p/s gear box its a conversion from manual to power steering and my stock lower rag joint will not fit the borgeson shaft. I need that 17mm DD lower rag. Like I said its been hard to get one because of borgeson can't give me a ship date. Some venders are showing them but have a extended availability wait.

You would think, I messed up thinking I could get the gear box and find the rag joint somewhere else. The rag is offered from CJ pony parts but is not available at this time. I guess ill be playing the waiting game.

the shaft from my manual gear box was a 3/4 round spline the new borgeson shaft is a 17mm dd so that's the need for the lower rag change, the pitman arm is wrong also but those are easy to get.

Back