17" steelwheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little progress. Mounted the rears on the wheels, got to admit eventhough I measured and calculated the widening very carefully I was still little bit of scared to see how they would fit. IMO they are just perfect with my rolled fender lips. That's 29" of rear tire ladies and genteleman and mid-eye rear leafs!!!

kuva0287_zpse248388e.jpg

kuva0298_zps8252d4ce.jpg

Now going to get the tire off the wheel and prepare the wheels for the final painting.
Excellant!

I have been also thinking that why there are no 17" D-hole wheels, maybe because they needs to be steel = weight and the cost is getting higher.
FOUND 'EM! 17 x 8 for the front and 17 x 9 for the rear. 4.25" backspace on both. My 9" is out of a Versailles and is narrower so the backspacing is perfect. Just under $100.00 ea.

Sorry for the highjack!

The rears look awesome on yours! Can't wait to see yours all done.

FOUND 'EM! 17 x 8 for the front and 17 x 9 for the rear. 4.25" backspace on both. My 9" is out of a Versailles and is narrower so the backspacing is perfect. Just under $100.00 ea.
First thanks for the kind words.

For the wheels, if you're referring to rock crowler 17" D-hole wheels I am familiar with them. I am not sure but as far as I am considered they're made for mudding four wheeling, so they're are real heavy duty wheels in every way (also in weight). They're for maximum of 2000 lbs weight per wheel, so they are heavy puppies.

Cragar is also making a D-hole 17" but it uses the 15" center section and the hoop is only made bigger, so it was out of question in my case.

I love the look of my car with the 15's with the poverty caps, but really want a set of 17's for better handling and better tire options.

I have been contemplating similar, I was looking at a Crown Vic that a local had the OEM steels with the chrome trim rings and ford centers, and it looked very nice, but they are 16" and narrow and very much so the wrong offset. Well some digging has found that dodge uses the same wheel design on the 300/challanger/charger's but in a 17" and has a wider wheel and better offset. I guess that the Crown Vic guys swap them all the time a the ford center caps work with the dodge wheels. If I could find a way to recenter 17" wheels with the 15"s I have so I could use the OEM poverty caps would be killer but no luck yet. But I love the way yours look on the car, I'm thinking on mine to paint to match the car, grabber blue and the chrome cap and trim ring to break up the blue Or all black to match the hood and side strips I'm planning

Back