1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake for Sale - 1-of-1 Shelby Mustang GT500 Auctioned by Mec

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless ......a car like this is destin for only a few azzes! AND those with "museums" can be counted on one hand WHEN you combine with budgets, bylaws and DIRECTION. The FORD camp isn't like the high dollar Chevy (Rick Hendrick) or even the Hemi Mopar crowd!

Rather then guess price I think WHERE IT LANDS will be driving force on "if it sells". We know Dana's formula , set a high reserve and get the seller to drop on the block (when it stalls). In the case of such cars , THIS SALE should be negotiated NOW IMO. In the case of sure million dollar sales we knew going in our "potential buyers", their level of pain (read target price) and ironically what moved them (even when cars didn't reach reserve on the block) was the freenzie of the moment (just off block) that negotiations pushed them to commit.

Mark

P.S. It's funny twice in my life it wasn't the price of the car, it was commission and transportation that closed the deal ! (My guess is that is a different cost budget for these corporations set up as museums) It is also why I have always sold my own cars and included delivery in the price) . People aren't different than corporations when it comes to saving money.

After getting the real story about Shelby from Gale Halderman this year who ever buys it is a sucker. Shelby did not of the engineering or design on any Shelby was Holman Moody and Ford design. He was just a car salesman as Gale put it.
Shelby was, and always will be, just a name. All it tales to realize that is to count how many times "SHELBY" is stamped or stickered onto their cars. 

Anything they've made since he left his partnership with Mopar is intended for the tire shine and California duster crew, kinda like a Corvette.

Back