1971 - 1973 kph speedo decals now available

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sprint Sportsroof
Posting this for the interest of anybody living in a metricated country (Aus, Europe etc.) who has a MPH speedo but would like to convert it to KPH.

Stumbled across this item whilst ebaying - a kph decal kit for $59AUD. Looks like you have to cut your own holes though for the oddometer and highbeam light.

http://tinyurl.com/ldu3sed

SHHNuqA.jpg

I was lucky enough to find a NOS metric speedo a couple of years ago and I gotta say that having a speedo that matches the posted limits makes it so much easier. I would have loved the decal option to have been available back then as I would have saved $150....

The T5s should have metric speedos from the factory as they were built for Germany.

Mine is not a T5 but still a European export model and it has a factory metric speedo.

But that conversion thing is pretty good news for the guys who bought a car in the US and imported it to Europe or Australia.

Hi Brett,

Many thanks for the head's up. Great to see a company doing this sort of thing, and very usefull for us Aussie boys. It gets a little tricky out on the road sometimes when you're converting your speeds over in your head as you're driving along.

Greg.;)

Or with the right trans drive gear you can have a 220 mph spleedo.

That would be cool!

- Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I've always been curious about --- does the original metric odometer register miles or kilometers? I would assume kilometers, but.....??

Canada is metric ,but not back in the day our cars came out.

Brad

spare in the box with trip-o-meter:

-1 x m/h

-3 x km/h

** I compare and there is difference in gearing in the gauge self between m/h and km/h, I don't know if the gauge works correct with sticking another decal on it... **

Last edited by a moderator:
Back