1971 351C 2V Intake and carb question.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All said and done how many new Pony's you think you will be adding to stock HP?
To be honest I have no idea??  Has to be an improvement from the stock 2 barrel and exhaust manifolds with single exhaust though. Should be a decent seat of your pants improvement and sound way better. Right now its quiet, like a sewing machine. Should be more snappy and sound way better.

Anyone know what a stock 1971 351C 2v is rated at for HP??

I prefer Holley carburetors over Edelbrock carbs. Edlebrocks are nothing more than a copy of the Carter AFB which were primarily factory installed on Chrysler corp. engines. 24 years ago I installed a performer intake and 1406 Edlebrock on my H code. At the time Edelbrocks were cheaper than Holleys and I was on a budget but in the end I spent about the same had I just bought a Holley. It required extensive tuning to get it to operate satisfactory as well as a spacer to be able use the stock air cleaner. I bought the tuning kit with and a few extra metering rods. I had to make a bracket to relocate the throttle cable bracket to align with the throttle lever with the cable (due to the Edelbrock's increased width). After a year it freaked out and needed a rebuild which I did. I later replaced it with a Holley 80457 Holley 600 cfm (4160) and made a couple of jet changes and the improvement in overall performance was vastly improved. I later added a secondary metering block conversion kit (making it a 4150 series) to be able to change the secondary jets for dyno tuning purposes. I was able to ditch the spacer, put the throttle and fuel inlet back to it's original locations as well. I have run this Holley for over 20 years with 1 minor rebuild. I sold the Edelbrock (at a major discount) to a good friend of mine for a 67 Dodge Polara. It fits his 383 like a glove and Eddy is much happier there. In conclusion the Holley's are dimensionally similar to stock Ford carburetors and in my opinion just seem to work and look better on Ford engines.

Back