1971 429 Mach 1 video

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, that misaligned lower trim on the passenger door really detracts from the overall appearance in the video! Overall, it's a better review than some others out there, but purists will have a field day on some of the non-factory details on the car itself.

I thought only cars w/out the side stripe had the trim? Also why does it look like the car is ready to take off...like up into the air!? I don't like the way it sits...

Last edited by a moderator:
ITMike5.0, The lower body accent paint with the thin chrome molding was standard on the Mach1. If the car had been ordered with the optional Boss (Hockey Stick) stripe then the molding would have been replaced with a thin black or argent stripe. That stripe would run the length of the car like the chrome molding did. The body side stripes were a popular add on like the Magnum wheels and would make one think only a dozen were built without the stripes or Magnums. 

The rear end squat is typical of the rear leaf spring cars from that era. As these cars aged and the springs became weaker the "Girl Dog Squat" became more noticeable. If not damaged I believe some forum members have had their springs re-arched. Others have purchased replacement springs from the original OE supplier Eaton Detroit Spring. Most of the Mustang parts houses have the one size fits all springs which means that they don't usually fix the problem. Others have installed a half leaf spring which has helped.    https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/

ITMike5.0, The lower body accent paint with the thin chrome molding was standard on the Mach1. If the car had been ordered with the optional Boss (Hockey Stick) stripe then the molding would have been replaced with a thin black or argent stripe. That stripe would run the length of the car like the chrome molding did. The body side stripes were a popular add on like the Magnum wheels and would make one think only a dozen were built without the stripes or Magnums. 

The rear end squat is typical of the rear leaf spring cars from that area. As these cars aged and the springs became weaker the "Girl Dog Squat" became more noticeable. If not damaged I believe some forum members have had their springs re-arched. Others have purchased replacement springs from the original OE supplier Eaton Detroit Spring. Most of the Mustang parts houses have the one size fits all springs which means that they don't usually fix the problem. Others have installed a half leaf spring which has helped.    https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/

OK, so then this is how mine should look then once complete because that side stripe option is listed on my invoice and Marti.  

So you're saying if I don't want my car to sit like that then I'll need to buy replacement springs from Eaton or install a "half spring"??

No comment... I saw this video when it first came out a year or two ago.

Back