- Jan 28, 2013
- Reaction score
- Northern California Bay Area
- My Car
Boss 351, 11k miles, all original including drive train, paint, and exhaust.
Boss 351, 38k miles, original with a few suspension improvements.
Everyone on this site knows these cars. I simply put the marketing information below. Serious buyers can PM me and I can answer all your questions.
1971 Boss 351, 11,775 certified miles, preserved since new.
Only 1806 Boss 351 Mustangs were ever built, far rarer than any Boss 302.
"The torque of a big-block with the revving ability of a Boss 302.”, "The best of everything.”
"I'd put my money on the Boss 351" - Bob Perkins
Mike Smith owned this car new from 1971 to 2006, unrestored, unaltered, original.
Documented 1 of 1 on “Deluxe” Framed Marti Report. 1971 sales invoice, mileage certification, and original documents from the original owner including pictures of the car in 1979.
- Original paint.
- Original interior.
- Original exhaust.
- Original shock absorbers.
- Original factory build sheet in near perfect condition.
- Original drive train, engine replaced by Ford in December 1971.
- Original Carburetor Autolite 4300-D, D1ZZ-9510-Z, D1ZF-ZA
- Original dual point distributor, D1ZF-12127-DA.
- Original fuel pump, water pump, and starter (rebuilt).
- Original Goodyear Polyglas GT tires, display only.
- Original Ford 1971 Magnum 500 wheels, D1OA-1007-AA.
- Original spare, jack, and inflation bottle in the trunk.
Black Clarion knit bucket seats, Mach 1 Sports Interior Group package.
The Boss 351 engine came with forged rods, forged aluminum pistons, four-bolt main caps, and a Boss 351 Cleveland block. Solid lifter cam, hardened and ground pushrods, special valve springs and keepers, large canted valves 2.19” intake, 1.71” exhaust, and a relatively high compression ratio. Four-Speed Wide ratio manual transmission. 3.91 Traction-Lok axle.