1971 Boss 351 in Rochester NY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose the honeycomb panel could have been added by someone but it, as well the missing argent paint, would make me leery. Plus no engine or undercarriage pictures. Sharp looking in black!
As well as the wrong seat upholstery ...

The chrome wheel arch moldings, I don't think the Boss had those either. I would want to see all the vin stamps, engine, gearbox, fender aprons as well as matching the axle tag just for starters before I'd drop 50K. Too many things just don't look right, so why would someone with a valuable car NOT make it correct? All the stuff to do it right is out there and (readily) obtainable. This is a case where close enough is not good enough.

Geoff.

This has been for sale for a while now on the various auction sites. Not surprised it is still for sale...

It also has AC vents in the center stack.  Either highly modified over the years, or not a boss.

kcmash

Lots "wrong" with the car, but if it's a real Boss and it hasn't been "optioned" by it's owner, that's a nicely equipped car.

The Decor group was available with the B351 which gave you the Deluxe interior upholstery, however I always thought the M1 Sports interior was as well.

You'd think the guy could at least chrome polish the surface rust off the Magnums.....

And the dreaded backwards rear spoiler. Hey might as well... A $50K highly-coveted Boss 351 and they don't show the heart of the beast under the hood.

Seems pretty fishy to me. How could you sell a car like this without posting any pics of the engine?
For the same reason you wouldn't vacuum and wash the car prior to listing - either don't care or don't know any better. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a widow selling or a divorce sale.

I'ver seen ads on Ebay or Craigslist where the price is too good to be true, wont last for this price or someone is already calling. I sometimes wonder if the person owns the car at all especially if a title or detailed pictures are not available. Pics can be obtained off the internet or even from a car show.

Then they ask for some "small" deposit to hold the car untill you can look at it and it doesnt get sold from under you. The ad and person then just disappear.

Personally I avoid private owner ads when looking at cars. Dealers may cost more but I feel better about the transaction working out. I'm sure there are exceptions to this and some private sales do end up OK.

This car is about an hour from me. It would be interesting to drive there just to see if the car/owner is real or avoids contact.

There are no titles  in ny for cars older then 1973. The registration  is the what ny uses to transfer ownership 

Alex

I always found that odd. So if I was to purchase a pre 1973 car in NY without said title, how would I get title here in Iowa where they are required?

In NJ, they give me a title when i buy a pre 73 out of ny. They ask for a notarize letter and the reg.

Back