1971 Boss 351 up for auction tomorrow

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any body got a spare left testicle I can borrow? Not quite ready to give up mine, but I would for that car.

I'm far from being a BOSS expert. In fact I know little about them other than they are one of the best cars built back when. However, looking at the pictures, even I can see loads of thing wrong with both cars. Anyone want to start listing??

I'm far from being a BOSS expert. In fact I know little about them other than they are one of the best cars built back when. However, looking at the pictures, even I can see loads of thing wrong with both cars. Anyone want to start listing??

Well you asked

As for the Wimbledon white one -

1F02R155477

incorrect gas cap

exhausts should be turned down just inside the rear valence

pleating in vinyl seats are wrong

cheap aftermarket steering wheel - HATE THOSE >>> IMHO

under hood extra incorrect stickers - some correct stickers missing

trunk mat incorrect - should be NONE

spare should be space saver with Magnums - did not see if Magnums original

voltage regulator incorrectly where (missing) rev limiter should be

jacked up rear trunk B in the Boss 351 decal

wrong ignition coil

The red one

nice - really didn't find anything obvious - but it is late here. I'll try and look again tomorrow...

OK found it is missing flat gasket-seal that goes between radiator and fan shroud.

wrong ignition coil

Ray

Ray

In addition to all the other stuff mentioned on the white one

It has optional decor seats but nothing else from the decor option list ?

The red one is nice.

Question for the Boss guys... could you get Mach 1 sport interior in a

Boss 351 ?

The red one is nice.

Boss 351 ?
If I have this right to my understanding, the Boss was a vamped up Sportsroof so it would not have had Mach 1 seat covers. The seats should be ruffino. At least that is the way a friends Boss 351 is.

Yes the red one was by far the best of the two, but alas I'm broke now, so I won't be buying any more cars in the near future...... unless the lottery comes up big!!

The red one is nice.

Boss 351 ?
If I have this right to my understanding, the Boss was a vamped up Sportsroof so it would not have had Mach 1 seat covers. The seats should be ruffino. At least that is the way a friends Boss 351 is.

Yes the red one was by far the best of the two, but alas I'm broke now, so I won't be buying any more cars in the near future...... unless the lottery comes up big!!
They came with standard interior

You could upgrade to decor option so seats would look like ones in the white car and have deluxe door panels and dash trim.

I don't think you could get the Mach 1 sport interior though

Even Mach 1's came with standard interior, Mach 1 sport interior was an option

The red one is nice.

Boss 351 ?

They came with standard interior

You could upgrade to decor option so seats would look like ones in the white car and have deluxe door panels and dash trim.

I don't think you could get the Mach 1 sport interior though

Even Mach 1's came with standard interior, Mach 1 sport interior was an option
It was weird the way Ford did thing back then. Nothing makes any sense to me, but I guess it was all about upselling options so the base sticker price wouldn't scare people off.

My Mach was one of those no option cars. Ruffino seats (1A black) and no other goodies.

Back