• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 Convertible parting out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather has improved dramatically. I plan to lower the lift today (unless my real job intervenes and then it should be tomorrow) and start pulling parts. I plan to pull and bag and tag as needed taking pi s as I go. There are a few parts spoken for and I will reach out to those folks with pics and prices if I have not already done so.

Everyone. Now that ihave started dismantling the car I realized a few things. One....I have gotten old.  Stuff does not go as quickly despite the benefit of wisdom. .....and the increase in my knowledge tells me I was VERY spoiled by buying cars with no or very little rust. This thing sat in a field for years and despite using aerokroil a lot of things simply are not coming loose. I will continue to plug away at it. I also am facing some challenges with my real job interfering with time and also needing to organize my garage. 

I'm going to wager a guess it's toast because most are usually rusted out, but... How's the metal trim piece on the inside over the windshield that goes the full width?

If you have a later 71 and you have just a single radiator to grille support bracke[SIZE=15.4px]t instead of the two that Matt showed in the post above I would be [/SIZE]interested[SIZE=15.4px] in it if he is not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.4px]Thanks,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.4px]Lance[/SIZE]
Are you still needing the grille support (single piece item). There is a pic of the one I have earlier in this posting.

Do you have power windows? If so I need the window switch socket (the part wired into door) & the switch cover/bezel

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have power windows? If so I need the window switch socket (the part wired into door) & the switch cover/bezel
No power windows (wish I did but then I would be using them).

Nothing better than a parts car!

I need the rear seat belts if they are black and in not to bad of shape.

We somehow managed to misplace the rear buckles and the car is almost completely back together.

Thanks so much!

- Paul

Nothing better than a parts car!

I need the rear seat belts if they are black and in not to bad of shape.

We somehow managed to misplace the rear buckles and the car is almost completely back together.

Thanks so much!

- Paul
Sorry but they are toast. Next time I lower the lift I will try to remember to get a pic just in case they can be cleaned up. Kinda disappointing for me as well.

Do you still have the power steering hose bracket on top of the shock tower support?

Do you still have the power steering hose bracket on top of the shock tower support?
I believe I do.  At least I have not pulled it off yet.  I think it is there. I will try to get a pic later this week.  i have been going way too slowly stripping this.  I hope to hit it hard Saturday if weather cooperates.

I wish it did since I want the same!

Did this car have the convenience group?  Easy way to tell is if it has a map light in the center dash above the cubby/AC vents.  If so, I would like the convenience group harness.

Back