1971 Ford Mustang Fastback 285hp 351ci V8

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangSally71

Reaction score

I have this vehicle that has been stored in my parents garage since 1991.  30 years and it hasn't been touched and they want my help to research the vehicle but I keep running into dead ends. Can anyone recommend a site where I could look up the value?

Thank you very much

First off, welcome to the site!

As to your quest, a car sitting that long may be good or bad.  Originality, model options, documentation, all factor in along with condition to determine a "value" for a car.  Has the car been cared for during that time; meaning, have the mechanical been kept in good condition or has the car set in a non-running state?  A car that has not been run for a long period will need all fluids changed, hoses replaced, many of the seals replaced, even brake lines and fuel lines may need changing depending on the environment where the car has been stored.  

Of course, the sentimental value of a car owned that long is immeasurable.  Like Kevin says, post up some pictures, including the data on the sticker on the driver's door jamb, and members here will point you in the right direction. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with request for pics! No matter what it looks like.....PICS! Their should be a data plate on drivers door side. Go to web search like duckduckgo.com and type in "1971 data plate decoder" and that will get you started. Then you can go search "Ford Marti reports" and order one for your car. It will give you much more info. You can get a basic report for a very modest fee or a deluxe report for a bit more. I prefer the deluxe report since it provides more info. The elite report is even more but does provide more info.  The elite might be nice if your car is something more valuable? The report will provide build date info along with all OEM options. Also search "1971 Mustang body buck tag decoder". This provides some basic info and some options info. It is usually located on front of radiator support. It is a small metal tag with cryptic info (abbreviated info on options which sometimes is counterintuitive to the actual options). Or you can post pics of the tags and we can provide info on what it means. 

I have this vehicle that has been stored in my parents garage since 1991.  30 years and it hasn't been touched and they want my help to research the vehicle but I keep running into dead ends. Can anyone recommend a site where I could look up the value?

Thank you very much

Back