1971 Instrument Bezel CLOCK Lens

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carguy47

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, M-code
OK, after purchasing way too many replacement parts, I am in the process of installing all new dash plastic parts.
Low and behold, I went to install the instrument bezel lens and noticed there is NO hole for the clock adjustment rod???
I called Kentucky Mustang and did internet research only to find out... it is NOT made!
So, what have y'all done to correct this situation?
My first thought is to use the original as a template and drill a hole.
Thoughts?
Help, thanks

Attachments

• lens.1.jpg
    lens.1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 9
  • lens.2.jpg
    lens.2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, leaning toward taping off and drilling a hole. At least the bezel lens are too expensive if I screw it up. :)

I have seen a few new repop speedo/fuel/ tach/idiot light bezel lenses in the past for sale, with the hole for the trip meter, but I have never seen one with the hole for the clock. I think from time to time some mfg does a special limited run when there is demand...but the clock in that bezel is a rare feature...and I suspect even rarer, if the clock still works.

I agree with above that your most likely option is to carefully drill/melt a hole.

good luck

I have purchased a replacement lens with the push button for the trip odometer reset,,,,but at my age, i cannot remember the source,,,sorry.

FYI

Ohio Mustang Supply (Ohiomustang.com) has the repop lens cover (with trip odometer) listed on its website (currently out of stock).
I bought one last year.
Is nice, but the trip odometer reset button doesn’t look like the stock one (if you want the concourse look). It’s currently listed at ~ US$115.00 which is more than the repop standard lens bezel listed at ~US$57. I had been looking for years for a new one, and these are the only ones I have come across, to date.

I am not a fan of their website, as for me it is more cumbersome, than other websites, but finding it is doable.

No worries. My car isn't or wouldn't be concourse level.
To start, the motor and transmission are both missing. So, I am going to build it and enjoy it.

I have an original from my '71 Mustang which had a clock. I installed a tachometer and bought a new clear lens without the hole. If you are interested, let me know? I can send you a picture if required?
JD.

Thanks, however I have my original glass. I purchased new glass and drilled the hole for the clock adjustment screw

Back