1971 Mach 1 429 CJ 4 speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD-72

Reaction score
Not mine...and no relation to seller....came across this fresh listing on Kijiji, for sale in northern Alberta, Canada

thought I would pass on the listing for those who may be interested.

Yup that’s right .... cheap CDN dollars for those who use USA currency.

8EAB29A3-3D4D-4588-8AB6-D63DD8538874.png

0D1D4B11-8EC9-4A7D-9064-F9FCF6996488.png

Hmmmm description says R code and Marti correctly says J code for 429cj.  One wouldn't make a major mistake like that on a listing if they knew what those codes meant.  Makes me wonder if it's a scam.  Seen lots of that on FB.

Cheap Cdn dollars?? No such thing. Very expensive to get those here in Canada. From what I see, USA inflation is heading North… prices are rising and nothing will be cheap anywhere anymore… 

No one has an idea of the inflation coming to the USA. I own a business in the automotive aftermarket. We bring in tons of product from overseas, usually 2-4 containers a month. The increase in costs in the last 10-12 months has been unreal. A container used to cost $3,500-5,000 to bring it to the USA. now, if you are lucky, you need to pay at least $15,000 to bring one in. The cost of materials is through the roof. Aluminum is over 50% up, steel is way up, plastics, everything, and then to top it off factories are still not operating at 100% because of all the still in place Covid restrictions, and workers staying home getting government benefits. Then to put the cherry on top of it, you cannot unload the containers in a timely manner in the USA... Aluminum and steel got a 25% tariff added during the previous administration, and that also raises the prices of everything. I am in the wheel business, among other aftermarket parts, and wheel prices are going through the roof. We have been trying to hold off raising prices too much, but there is just no way to do it and stay profitable. By the end of the year, we will have raised prices on wheels by about 15-20 percent from what they were a year ago... 

Mike, if you look at the Marti report it says the car was originally white exterior. Just a heads up my friend.
Just saw that.  Was hoping for Black as I don't have one of those.  I have a White w/Red interior, needs restoring.  I am working a deal with the guy currently, trying to figure out how to get it from Alberta!!

If you need help in moving it down to you, I can give you a local contact I have used now twice with good success.

If you need help in moving it down to you, I can give you a local contact I have used now twice with good success.
The gentleman selling the car gave me a name of a person who would bring it over, but wouldn't mind using someone that knows someone.  Would he bring it over the border and to my garage in Michigan (30 minutes over the Windsor border).    I will fill out the paperwork/forms (Bill of Sale, Title, CBP7501, DOT HS-7 and EPA 3520) and submit them in advance (at least 72 hours they say).  

Back