1971 Mach1 steering wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirconmach1

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351 Cleveland, 4 barrel, ram air, 4 speed, factory a/c, 77 k original miles in bright red with black.

Drive it like you stole it!
Question regarding the correct style steering wheel for my 71 Mach 1 with a 5A trim code. I’ve seen different types of steering wheels on other Mach 1s. Is there only one correct type of steering wheel or did they come with different options depending on the interior group that was order. I’m looking for the correct wheel for my car. Also is there a place to order one that can be recommended. Thanks for any help you can give.

5A is the Black Mach 1 Sports Interior option. You would have had the "deluxe" two spoke wheel with the horizontal pad, unless your car was ordered with the three spoke rim blow wheel. The Marti Report will call out the Rim Blow wheel if it was optioned.

Thanks, I looked at my Marti report and I don’t see anything on there about a rim bow steering wheel. The funny thing is there’s a Cadillac emblem on a after wheel on there now. The horn has never worked since it purchased the car. Besides that and the carburetor it’s stock. I’m looking to bring it back to original again. Thank you for your input.

thanks, I’ll check the web site

Back