1971 Mexican from confused seller

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This car has been posted on here many times. Funny they are now asking more that it is on ebay. He had a craigslist ad for the longest time for $750 OBO.

"I believe this was first discovered by 71 gbvert back in Oct of last year on Craigslist. Was $750.00 then and looked to be a total mess. Was on E-Bay @ $1,300.00 and now I see it has sold at the reduced price of $1,000.00.

The main problem I would have with this one would be that it started life as a hardtop. Anyone that has a vert knows what it is like to live with the old age sag that happens naturally with these type vehicles that do have the factory reinforcements, rocker panels, etc.

As far as the powertrain, the E-Bay seller stated the engine did not run. The CraigsList photos of the car clearly showed it sitting with no hood and an open intake with no carburetor. Who knows how long it sit like that. 351 W's are so plentiful now I would not want to chance buying this one hoping to have a good engine core.  The top loader 4sp could be possibly salvaged although no one, including well known top loader experts could decode it.  Because of very strong Mexican content laws, the differential was supplied by the local Dana plant and not a corporate 8 or 9" Ford unit.

As deputy Barney Fife would say, "Move Along, Nothing to see"!    :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It would make a nice backyard fire pit though.....
Lol.....I had originally posted about using the four open holes in the intake for a flower planter. But since most of the country is still in the death grip of record breaking cold temps, the fire pit ideal sounds much better!    :D

The seller could list it for more if he claimed it was a Frank Cone 'vert...

Back