1971 Mustang Boss 351 Auction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indyta1989

Reaction score
I was tracking a recent 1971 Boss 351 Auction in central Illinois.   It looks like the final sale price was quite low and probably a steal for the winning bidder.  What do you think?  I suspect I should have bid higher. 

Or you will be happy you didn't buy!! Just looking at the missing parts, and the wrong parts on a Dec built car - leave me to think what else is wrong with the build. When you look at buying such a car, you have to go over FOR HOURS to know what you are getting into.

Mark

P.S. Or you could look at it as - money to be made selling correct parts to person that did buy!

$30K for a clean Boss 351 seems a little low. Based on the pics I did see (in this post) it looks like a solid deal.

That tag caught my attention also. That is a metal warranty data tag used in 1969-70 only on the driver door. Was used on the 69-70 Shelby Mustangs and 69-70 Boss 429 Mustangs. Incorrect date format gives it away as "Homemade". Since model year would have been determined from the VIN, instead of 12-70, Ford would have formatted it with the day of production and a letter for the month.  

As SVO2SCJ posted, as long as you don't need to replace any missing parts such as $8,500.00 carburetors or steering wheels, looks to be a power buy!     :whistling:

I think I see a rev limiter over on the passenger side shock tower. It could be real or one of those dummy units just stamped with the appropriate codes to look the part. I haven't seen any real or dummy ones for sale online in a while. Something like that might show up at Carlisle. My car still just has the mounting holes on the shock tower. ;)

Back