1972 1973 4 speed switch that goes into trans?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozz302

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach !
Hello, I have 2 cases from a toploader that have an extra hole in the drivers side of the case that I think is made for some sort of a switch. Both cases are a D2 # I have seen images of wiring going to these holes but I have no info for wiring.
I added second D2 case with a different hole again with a bolt in it. Thede differ from the C8 cases ansd C5 cases.

Attachments

• InkedNOS 1972 Toploader case_LI.jpg
    InkedNOS 1972 Toploader case_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0001_LI.jpg
    DSCF0001_LI.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks for that reference about the switches. Great info. I read there was a plug Ford made for these holes when not used. Any sources for that plug also for the bracket that holds the switch or plug in? The second picture I posted has the screw in switch I see now. I wonder why 2 different cases that are D2 casting numbers with different switches?

Pretty sure the 3 speed uses the same switch. Hard transmission case to come by, had to put a 69 4 speed in my 72. Buzzer goes on, anytime the car is not in neutral and the ignition is on. It is kind of annoying.

My 72 351 CJ with the convenience package, would not start if you did not have the seat belt on, most of those got disabled...same buzzer.

Back