• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Mach 1 Q-code 4-sp, PW and AC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtzlplx57

Reaction score
My Car
72 Q-code Mach 1 AC, PW, 4 speed
Up for bids is an original 1972 Mach 1 4 speed Q-code car with power windows and air conditioning.

Within the past couple of years the car has had new plugs, wires, coil, and distributor.  Also changed out were the front wheel bearing, rotors, back wheel cylinders and a new master cylinder.  Steering box was rebuilt as well as the carburetor.  For a 45 year old car it drives great and a lot of that is because it was is storage (suspended animation?) from 1979 until 2014.  No rattles, the gauges all work as does the clock. Even the annoying seat belt buzzer works.   It will start up after a month without hot-start.  As you can see I have the original window sticker, the Marti report and owner cards.  I can be reached at 301-two five seven – two two seven 0.

Obviously the paint has been redone but you are looking at the original interior.  The radio is a modern one and I replaced the speakers when I did the window motors but I do have the original 8-track and dual point distributor. 

For 1972 this car was loaded, how many 4-speed, Air conditioned, Power window cars do you come across, it must have been less than 1% were that way.  You see these come up for sale maybe once a year! That was one of the reasons I got the car. How many Mustangs of this vintage aren’t sporting a wing?  This is an original car with lots of documentation.  $25 K  Just outside Washington DC.

Back