• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Mach Original Tires , Wheels , Trim Rings , Hubcaps

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72.Mach.Q.Code

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang, Mach 1, Q code

I bought a 1972 Mach 1 Q Code from the original owner, and although the car had aftermarket tires and wheels on it, he had held on to the original tires, wheels, trim rings, hub caps, and lugnuts that came with the car when he received it new.

It is a complete set of 4.  I have the spare too, but was wanting to hold onto it.  But I would consider letting that one go too.  The tires are Firestone wide ovals, E70x14.  The wheels are either 14x6 or 14x7; I'm not sure how to determine exactly.

This is all original equipment in great shape for the age.  The equipment was taken off the car years ago, and put into storage.  It is in really great shape, and great for that original look.

I have no use for it, and need to get rid of them.

There are 5 pics included within this post.

If you are seriously interested, please give me a call at 956-708-3102 or message me through here, and make me an offer.  Item is located in south Texas, zip code 78552.  If need be, I can try to arrange for delivery upstate, within Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look like the original tires for sure I have one original full size spare that was never used and is the same. 

Would be great for someone wanting to display a car as close to original as possible. If the tires were kept out of the sun they do not crack like when on a car in the sun. Yes you probably do not want to go run 100 mph on them.

I bought a 1972 Mach 1 Q Code from the original owner, and although the car had aftermarket tires and wheels on it, he had held on to the original tires, wheels, trim rings, hub caps, and lugnuts that came with the car when he received it new.

It is a complete set of 4.  I have the spare too, but was wanting to hold onto it.  But I would consider letting that one go too.  The tires are Firestone wide ovals, E70x14.  The wheels are either 14x6 or 14x7; I'm not sure how to determine exactly.

This is all original equipment in great shape for the age.  The equipment was taken off the car years ago, and put into storage.  It is in really great shape, and great for that original look.

If you are seriously interested, please give me a call at 956-708-3102 or message me through here, and make me an offer.  Item is located in south Texas, zip code 78552.  If need be, I can try to arrange for delivery upstate, within Texas.

Hi, do you sell the trim rings/ hubcaps together with the steel wheels or are they available as a separate set?

What is your asking price?
Howdy.  Thanks for your interest.  I'd like to sell it altogether as a set.

I am currently accepting offers.  I believe that this is a hard to find item, so it does warrant a good amount of money, but I do also need to get rid of it ASAP.

Just make me an offer.

Thanks for the suggestion said:

That does look like the original tires for sure I have one original full size spare that was never used and is the same. 

Would be great for someone wanting to display a car as close to original as possible. If the tires were kept out of the sun they do not crack like when on a car in the sun. Yes you probably do not want to go run 100 mph on them.

The tires do look good.  They probably could be used via light use.

The whole setup is from factory per my Marti report. :)

It is a complete set of 4. I have the spare too, but was wanting to hold onto it. But I would consider letting that one go too. The tires are Firestone wide ovals, E70x14. The wheels are either 14x6 or 14x7; I'm not sure how to determine exactly.

This is all original equipment in great shape for the age. The equipment was taken off the car years ago, and put into storage. It is in really great shape, and great for that original look.

If you are seriously interested, please give me a call at 956-708-3102 or message me through here, and make me an offer. Item is located in south Texas, zip code 78552. If need be, I can try to arrange for delivery upstate, within Texas.
I'll give you $100 for the hubcaps.

@57Gypsy This thread is over 2 years old and the original poster hasn't had any activity since December 2021.
I'd guess the hubcaps aren't available anymore.
Perhaps they should either remove the thread or at least state that they are sold or not selling any longer. Thanks for info!

Perhaps they should either remove the thread or at least state that they are sold or not selling any longer. Thanks for info!
I have a set of hubcaps & trim rings from the 14" wheels originally on my '72 Mach1. The previous owner bought some 15" Magnums then threw away the wheels because they were rusty but kept the caps & trims 'in case'. I'm happy to let them go, only problem is I am in England (would say UK but it might not be for much longer!). If you really want them I can get them out of the loft for photos and I guess we could sort out shipping somehow.

I have a set of hubcaps & trim rings from the 14" wheels originally on my '72 Mach1. The previous owner bought some 15" Magnums then threw away the wheels because they were rusty but kept the caps & trims 'in case'. I'm happy to let them go, only problem is I am in England (would say UK but it might not be for much longer!). If you really want them I can get them out of the loft for photos and I guess we could sort out shipping somehow.
Thanks, Duncan. I live in USA so I will wait (for now). Thanks for responding to me.

Back