1972 Mustang Help!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
Greetings from Arkansas. After 5 years, I grew sick of looking at my 1972 Convertible rotting away in my garage. I am on a mission now to restore it. It was my sister's car. She left the car a total disaster, but there are glimmers of hope. The body is straight but the interior is shot. It has a solid 302-2V engine but it is missing just about every hose, vacumn and heater hose possible.

I know that there are a lot of diagrams out there but I am looking for someone with hands on, practical experience with the 1972 Mustangs.

Would someone be willing to look at my photo's of missing parts and be willing to help me?????

Brian Kool

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from North Carolina. We can help you get everythin g you'll need! Post up in the Introductions to get a proper greeting from the group.

::welcome:: from NY;

I went through something similar so may be able to help out post a picture of engine and vacuum line attachment points to aid in routing.

General rule spout coming up from firewall from trans connects to the vacuum terminal in rear of engine

Chole pull down on 2100 carb also connects to vacuum terminal in back

if you have a dual vacuum distributor one line will go to side of carb other will go to thermal switch which will then rout to terminal block in rear.

These are geleral suggestions and I will need to see pictures to get it right for your set up.

AJ

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. You've come to the right place. Post up some pics in the Maintenance and Repair forum and you should get a lot of help.

Glad to have you here!

Welkome from the Netherlands !!

the weather around here is going to be good tomorrow, I will take all of the underhood/vaccum hose pictures, that I promesed you the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back