• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Check this out.

This Mustang has been listed on ebay at least 12 times within the last year.

The seller is asking @$28,000 for it on his website and hasn't moved on the price.

All of a sudden the same bidder goes from $14,000 to $26,900 in TWO minutes with no other bidders.

In all previous auctions the highest bid has been about $15,000.

Either this bidder lost his mind or the seller is using a schill.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Mustang-Convertible-Immaculate-Turn-Key-Restored-/190919596902?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c73b1db66#ht_53636wt_1165

Since there is no reserve on it, the shill buys it or the seller pays the fees and eats it.

While I have not seen that particular car, I have been to this dealership to have a look. They are nice guys, but most of the cars he has are pretty tired and look better IMHO in the ads than in person. He does have a couple of high end custom stuff sometimes but not a lot. I would want to look at it in person from that dealer before spending any money.

Greg

While I have not seen that particular car, I have been to this dealership to have a look. They are nice guys, but most of the cars he has are pretty tired and look better IMHO in the ads than in person. He does have a couple of high end custom stuff sometimes but not a lot. I would want to look at it in person from that dealer before spending any money.

Greg
Guess what??? Ok give up.

The car is back on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Mustang-Convertible-Immaculate-Turn-Key-Restored-/190926443119?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c741a526f#ht_53636wt_1165

Like I said, I was interested in this car when I was looking one year ago. The price was way to high and on the auction it never even came close to the reserve. So yesterday was really a fluke and someone screwed up when bidding.

The guy even tells you to download his book on buying as classic car. One of the items is that if s car doesn't sell, then it's priced to high. I told him earlier in the year that he should read his own book. He came back to me saying that it's fully restored. Doesn't mean anything if it's not selling.

I wouldn't be surprised a year from now, it's still on ebay.

Back