• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Q Code Project For Sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtdubvee

Reaction score
My Car
Boss 351
1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 Cobra Jet

351 4v Engine w/ Automatic Transmission

Original 4 Speed car

9 Inch Rearend

Very complete Car

Marti Report

Car turns over with power

Clear Title

Link to Pictures

http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/mtdubvee/library/1972%20Q%20Code%20Mach%201/1972%20Mustang%20Q%20Code%20Mach%201

You are looking at a very original 1972 Mach 1 Q Code 351 4v. Original Bright Blue Metallic Paint with blue Mach 1 sport interior option.

The interior is actually in very good condition and it’s amazing how nicely the seats have been preserved. The entire interior is present which will make restoration much simpler.

The body of the car is overall not that bad. It has rust in the typical mustang areas. Floor pans, lower fenders, lower doors, quarters and outer wheelhouses, and the underside of the hood. The frame rails are in great shape front and rear, and the trunk pan is also in great shape.

Engine is a 351 4v with an FMX automatic transmission. It has a 9 inch rearend. When I put power to the car it does crank over. Everything seems to be present in the engine bay except for the air cleaner.

Car rolls and steers just fine.

All of the glass is intact and in good shape.

Anyone interested can come and inspect the vehicle at almost any time. I will help with shipping the car overseas.

$4500.00

I was looking through your albums. The black boss you picked up in Connecticut?

Concerning your 1972 Q code 351 4-V.

From my resources and what I understand, Ford never produced any 4-V 351 Clevelands in 1972 with FMX transmissions. They did produce one Q code in 1971 and then another in 1973 with FMX transmissions. But just one for each of those years. Maybe test cars???

Anyway-

They did produce H codes (many) with a 351-2V and FMX transmission.

Have you verified the VIN numbers to the drivetrain? Your car my be a H code car. Or might be a Q code car with drivetrain swap form a H code. Please research.

Ray

Well if you would read the description, I said that the car was an original 4 speed car. So yeah, the trans was swapped.

Very well. Thanks. I originally read on my phone so I caught the part about the motor and FMX. I hate trying to read this stuff on Tapatalk...

72 Q codes are desirable for sure. Can't get to the pics right now.

So do you still have the correct 4-speed pedals in the car? Since you didn't mention - I'll assume you don't still have the original transmission.

FMX's are not really known for being mated to performance packages. I wonder why the ones doing the swap didn't choose a C-6?

Obviously Ford didn't like the pairing too much in the 71-73's.

I really like the original color combinations on that car.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Ray

Back